Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 14, 2002, 12:58 AM   #1

Default Camera Bags for DigiCams?

Hi All,

Any advice on good camera WaistPack for DigiCams.

ajeet
ajitkataria is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 14, 2002, 5:43 AM   #2

Default Camera Bag

I know it may seem strange but I bought my camera bag in Kmart. It is made by Kodak and it was $15. It has room for C4040 with the adapter tube for filters. It has plenty of storage room for extra batteries, extra film, usb cable and my software. It has a loop for your belt but may be to bulky for a waist pack.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2002, 10:49 AM   #3

Try on some of the neat and inexpensive "Samsonite" camera waist bags offered at Target. I bought two--one for $6.95 and the other slightly larger for $9.95
Rockgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2002, 1:19 AM   #4

Tamrac has a whole line of digital bags and waist too. Called digital line from 1 to 8. But the eight is small so the 1 is very small. The price is not small though. Go to their website tells you which Kamera fits in which bag. I bought the lowepro nova 3. Love it holds kamera and lenses and flash. has waist too. If you travel a lot on airlines get a colored one much easier to find on carrousel or if some is stealing it, hehhe. Also the tamrac system 3 is the exact same size as nova 3 for like 16.00 more not worth it.
rikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2002, 8:47 AM   #5

Tamrac and Lowe-pro are the very good brands for camera bag. The Tamrac digital bags are very good and reliable, the difference in the amount of money you paid for may be worth it if you consider to invest in one of the better model. Nova line is the second entry level of Tamrac, only above the Lumina, there are several better models that you can choose from for the level of protection that you need. You pay more for the pro model because they have better protection and better material (ballistic fabric in lieu of the lower grade fabric...), you can go to the Tamrac.com or Lowe-pro.com, do some research and then judge for yourself, just remember, you paid for what you got
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2002, 12:25 PM   #6

Default Bags/cases

old thread:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forum/vi...ad.php?tid=632
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2002, 5:03 AM   #7

Default Advice on Tamrac 5745

Hi all,
Any advice/opinion on the Tamrac Velocity 5 Series (model 5745)

thanks in adv.
ajeet
ajitkataria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2002, 12:34 PM   #8
lg

Quote:
Originally posted by KCan
old thread:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forum/vi...ad.php?tid=632
The Samsonite I recommended in this thread has a loop so that it can be carried on a belt, but it may be too large for what you want. Check it out, and you decide!
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2002, 2:20 PM   #9

A Lowepro Orion Mini could be a good solution, will take a 35mm-type digital camera with extra storage. Walk about with it next to your back and when you are shooting keep it to your front and use it for holding all the bits and pieces that you are using (filters, release cables and your glasses - if you are shortsighted like me).
edmontonn18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2002, 3:41 PM   #10

I have had many camera bags and, yet, never seem to have the one I need.

If you don't mind paying some bucks, I have a nice Tamrac beltpack that holds my Nikon 5700 with an additional compartment on either side. It holds my Digital Wallet, extra batteries, filters and other small stuff. It has a handle as well as a belt. The belt folds into a pocket on the back. I'm sorry I don't know the model.

If you don't need something that rugged, and don't need to hold much more than the camera, I would check out cheaper brands as others have suggested.

Bob

Good luck.
Robert Eastburg is offline   Reply With Quote