Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 19, 2004, 11:34 PM   #11

Mac, Did you get the pics recovered?
z2me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2004, 7:21 AM   #12

I only can see a Norton Recycle bin, and there are no pictures there!
Thank you for the suggestion!
macrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2004, 7:26 AM   #13

I looked thru all sorts of places on my PC to see if they might be hidden in some other "recycle bin" and they were not!
I tried to clean off the gold terminals on the photo disc to see if I could get the disc to read and thet is still asking me to reformat the disc.
I even tried plugging the disc into the HP printer that ALSO reads photo discs and even that suggestes "disc problem".

STILL NOT PICTURES.....
Old Jun 20, 2004, 7:29 AM   #14

How did your wedding shoot go yesterday?
Old Jun 20, 2004, 5:48 PM   #15

I don't know if you were able to get your pics back, but here is a suggestion if you have not. Check the site below and you can download a free trial of Easy Recovery. I think it will recover 5 files, but it will show you all of them. (If they're there). If indeed those pictures were on the PC, this program will find them. My wifes PC crashed and we thought we lost everything on it. The PC and Harddrive manufacturer said there was nothing we could do. I found this program and it worked great. It even recovered files from a formatted disk.

In case anyone is wondering, I don't work for these guys, i was just real impressed with the software. Best money I ever spent.

Let me know how it turns out.

Dave

http://www.ontrack.com/easyrecoverydatarecovery/
headhunter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2004, 10:43 AM   #16

Headhunter66 sounds a bit ominous!!! Joking.... Actually I was just working with a head hunter - unsuccessfully, I might add!
I am having difficulty getting the "SmartMedia" card to be read by the camera or the HP printer. It is saying the disc needs to be formatted and I sure an heck ain't ready to try that yet- I'll loose everything(I think).

Tom
Old Jun 21, 2004, 11:01 AM   #17
Administrator

You may be able to get away with formatting the card, making sure you are using FAT16 (or FAT, as Win' XP calls it). See this post for someone with the same problem:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=2

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2004, 12:15 PM   #18

GOOD INFO!!!! I am headding out right now to see if the local store can read the card. If every else fails I will feel a bit MORE comfie trying the reformat thing.

It makes sence because, I deleted pictures off the disc before but when I went to use the disc (in the camera) they were still there. Thank you for all the hand holding! I owe you, if all this advice works!!!!

Tom