Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 19, 2004, 8:40 PM   #1

(sorry for my english.. )

I want to buy a compact size camera, with good quality pictures..

I come to 4 choises:

Nikon 5200

Canon s50

Sony W1

Sony T1/11

Almoust bought Nikon 5200, but people on the forums say about redish skin colour and straight lines being a bit curved.. (forgot the word for that, bad bad english :-)), if this feature can be somehow corrected, this would be my camera of choise..

T1 is realy compact, but flash is weak, and it has some problems shooting in darker enviroments.. Maybe Sony fixed anything in T11 version?

What I need is a compact camera, with good quality pictures of outdoor and indoor, maybe some manualy ajusted features.

For a short period I had a Fuji a310, and was not satisfied with its quality of indoor shooting and coulors.

So please anyone ideas about these 4, or maybe some other suggestions? (I live in Lithuania, so I have a little bit less to chose from, but nearly all major models and brands are available)
Acid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 20, 2004, 6:25 AM   #2

For you I would suggest a HP Photosmart R707.
It shoots high quality images (5,3MP) uses a new technology to enhance the picture first before it is saved, it is cheaper than many other cameras having worth to present, and all in all it is quite small bat not too small.
X3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2004, 7:02 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply, I will look at this camera

And one more thing, by saying high quality, I mainly ment not high pixels, but nice colors, little artifacts and so on.. Like I mention before, I had fuji a310, it was 3,1mpix, but with interpolation you could take 6mpix images.. it was not bad after all, but I didnt liked its colours, especialy in low light conditions.

You see I want to be able to take pictures at low light, like dawn, sunsets also inside the house without flash and have natural colours.. Maybe I want too much from compact size cameras? Isn't there more expensive, but really good compact camera?
Acid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2004, 8:37 AM   #4

no this camera isn't bad at all, it creates real natural colors, lights up, if necessary and detects, if you take a picture of a skiing person on real white snow that it doesnt has to reduce but accept that the picture is +80% white...
Artifacts... no there arent much, even on dark pictures there is much less noise than you would expect from that camera (price)
X3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote