Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 21, 2004, 9:39 PM   #1

What a wonderful website you guys have put together here, by far the best I have come upon. My name is Jim and I am new to the forums and was wandering whether I could get some of your input on a buying decision that I am going to make in the near future. I am making the switch to slr to slr digital. In what I mean by that is I will no longer be investing much money if any to my film camera, but instead putting it into digital. I am a hobbyist but I do take on some side work eg. weddings and special events.

This is where I am at. The newer Nikon D70 or the Older D100.. I have made itto these last two for my finaldecision. The question is I have been looking at both of them and cannot decide whether the extra couple of features are worth the extra grand...what do you guys think?

What would you say are the biggest differences between the two?

Thanks
fotographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 22, 2004, 12:05 AM   #2

Hi Jim, welcome to Steve's Forums. There is a very supportive pool of great people/talents and brains that goes to make up this friendly community!

Have a read herehttp://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=58

Also you may like to contact fellow member[email protected], as he initally had the same dilema, and bought BOTH cameras - so he's in a position to offer insightful comparisons between the two for you.

Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2004, 5:39 AM   #3

I really appreciate it onyx. I'll email him today. Thanks again

Jim
fotographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2004, 12:22 AM   #4

I'd get the D70, and then put the extra cash towards a nice lens. The D70 is really a great "bang for the buck" camera. (And I say this as a Canon shooter.)

Vance
Vance Fry is offline   Reply With Quote