Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 23, 2004, 11:27 PM   #11

I am becoming obsessed now with getting an SLR, I feel that Im out growing the G3 as great a camera as it is. I out grew my first camera, a canon A10 within 18 months. I thought that a digital would be so good that I would not want another SLR. My film SLR still sits on top of the wardrobe and the film is still in it from months ago.

I have no Idea which SLR to go for but I want one, how to talk Hubby around is now the problem:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2004, 5:47 AM   #12

thanks for all the replys, I took the leap and just got a canon digital rebel and a 90-300 lens with it.:-)
Old Jun 24, 2004, 8:53 AM   #13

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
thanks for all the replys, I took the leap and just got a canon digital rebel and a 90-300 lens with it.:-)

You certainly didn't take too long to make a decision Congrats on your purchase. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed mine.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2004, 10:17 AM   #14

the choice came quickly but Ive been mulling it over since before I got the G3, just a matter of time really. It was the bird shots in the photo forums that made my mind up. I have suddenly started to enjoy just wandering around alone with the camera looking for those bird shots and the G3 is good, but just not good enough.
Old Jun 24, 2004, 3:59 PM   #15
VC

I'd love to hear how you like the Digital Rebel as a new dSLR user. I recently purchased a Panasonic DMC-FZ10 unstead of a dSLR, and I love it, but I'm still looking at the cheaper dSLR's every chance I get (at least, when my wife isn't around ).

VC
VC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2004, 7:49 PM   #16

I myself would like a dSLR, but right now the one that I would like doesn't even exist, much less at the price I want to pay.
pianoplayer88key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2004, 12:27 AM   #17

VC wrote:
Quote:
I'd love to hear how you like the Digital Rebel as a new dSLR user. I recently purchased a Panasonic DMC-FZ10 unstead of a dSLR, and I love it, but I'm still looking at the cheaper dSLR's every chance I get (at least, when my wife isn't around ).

VC

I will let you know as soon as Ive had a chance to get used to it.
Old Jun 25, 2004, 2:17 AM   #18

Julie,

That's the one I've been thinking about, Please tell me how you get along with it. I could care less about more Mega Pixels but the thought of a larger sensor is exciting. I love my camera for macros but would like better landscapes, and since Feb of this year I'm close to 5000 pics (yes, yes the delete button on my computer is my friend). Anyway I'm sure a dSLR is the way to go but am just not sure which. Keep me posted on yours.

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2004, 3:16 AM   #19

Personally speaking, I'm glad I recently made the jump to dSLR (D70 in my case). :-)
murphyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2004, 7:46 AM   #20

well so far I love it but Ive got a fair bit of learning to do with the controls. I notice I dont check what Ive taken in the LCD as often.:-)