Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 17, 2002, 6:24 AM   #1

Default scanning blues

I have two scanners, an Epson 1200 perfection flatbed, and a Prime Film (USA, Pacific Image) 1800 AFL film scanner. Both have suddenly stopped being recognised by my imaging programs (PSP and PS6). I am running Windows XP, and a check of the device manager shows both installed correctly and operational. It occurs to me that I may have somehow lost my twain driver, although I have uninstalled and reinstalled the 1800 AFL several times, thinking initially the problem was limited to that. I have now run out of ideas, and if anyone can help, or suggest what i should do next, I would be very grateful.
Cliff
cliff1608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 17, 2002, 9:27 AM   #2

Default Scanner Blues

I assume you are running the scanners on SCSI interface. Have you checked the SCSI id of each device? Have you tried changing the SCSI id of each device. I would also try another software package if you can borrow one. Adobe Photo Shop, Photo Delux, etc.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2002, 1:05 PM   #3

Thanks, but no these scanners are plugged to USB sockets, they are not SCSI fitted, I have tried them in Paint Shop Pro, Photo Shop and Photo Shop elements. The computer recognises them as I get a 'ping' if I disconnect and reconnect them
Cliff
Old Sep 17, 2002, 2:11 PM   #4

Default Scanner Blues

Have you done any Windows XP updates lately? Microsoft just released Service Pack 1 for XP.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2002, 3:14 PM   #5

No, I haven't, but I will do right now, and let u know if this helps. Thank you thus far