Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 6, 2004, 7:25 PM   #11

YUP....that's why I have an FZ10 plus some add on lenses....great boat
normc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2004, 7:40 PM   #12

normc wrote:
Quote:
YUP....that's why I have an FZ10 plus some add on lenses....great boat

But z220 has a point about pocketability. I still get more shots with my C50 and S4 than I do with my FZ10 because one or the other is always with me. If I could have only one camera it would fit in my pocket or in my small belt pouch.

That is my neighbor's boat. He was an avid fisherman and started getting seasick. He traded his flats boat in on the little trawler. He doesn't take it out of protected water or he gets seasick on that too. I traded him a pistol for some great offshore fishing gear and we took it out in the Gulf so he could test fire the gun to make sure he liked it. We couldn't stay long because he got seasick. Odd that he would suddenly develop that problem after fishing for so many years. Wish I could get him to go fishing with me as he is a neighborhood legend for being a good fisherman.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2004, 1:53 AM   #13

Quote:
For comparison with a real 12X optical zoom I just retook the picture with 12X optical zoom on my FZ10. I blew up the engine on the back of the boat from the FZ10 shot, the original Olympus and digital zoom Olympus shots. You can see that neither digital zoom nor cropping compares to having a real optical zoom:ddd
Thanks slipe, your excellent pictures give an ultimate answer to my question. Obviously I should not count on digital zoom as a solution to my problem. I will check the Pentax-models that you mentioned, but I may end up with an Olympus anyway. Too long a habit from film cameras and they seem to fit my hand best.
z220 is offline   Reply With Quote