Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 8, 2004, 10:34 AM   #1

I dont have a digital camera but would like to buy one. I tried the Pentax Optio s4i - loved the size, easy to carry... Steve says the quality of the pic. is so-so, but I liked them ! Does anyone try the Sony DSCW1 - is it good and easy to carry? What about Sony DSCT1 - please suggrest a good all arounf small camera with a BIG screen with at least 4-5 megapix. for semi-serious photographer?
SalBolzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 9, 2004, 6:55 AM   #2

I have had numerous digital cameras and now own a Panasonic FZ10 and have recently purchased the Sony W-1 as a pocket camera. It does a great job. Has an excellent LCD and uses easily replacable batteries. It came with an offer for 20% off on accessories. I purchased two additional lenses and an off camera flash unit at very good prices. I now have what I call a "two pocket" camera and can easily carry whatever I want with me. I am disabled and sometimes take a very light weight monopod for outdoor photos. The monopod has a ball head and the shutter button is on the top of the W-1. This makes for a straight downward push for a steady shot.

Most of the timetho, I just take the camera and so far have never had any really bad photos. ...hope this helps?
normc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2004, 7:36 AM   #3

Thank you for your reply! Much appreciate your help !
SalBolzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2004, 9:34 AM   #4

I forgot to say that I also got a $25.00 rebate at Best Buy
Old Jul 9, 2004, 9:46 AM   #5

It isfairly impossibledo not agree with Mr/Mrs normc opinion.
Pipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2004, 10:45 AM   #6

This is interesting? I am in Northern USA and a guy in Russia can say what is possible? Maybe you CAN do better in Russia? My comments were from MY experience in the USA those who do not like my comments can ignore them and do whatever they like !
Old Jul 9, 2004, 11:00 AM   #7
Administrator

NormC:

I think you got it all wrong! If you look through Pipkin's previous posts, he is a big fan of the W1 (he has one). I looked at thesentence in his last post earlier today, too -- scratching my head because it seemed so out of character. My conclusion was thatPipikin really meant:

"It isfairly impossiblenot to agree with Mr/Mrs normc opinion"

or

"It isfairly impossible to not agree with Mr/Mrs normc opinion"

versus

"It isfairly impossibledo not agree with Mr/Mrs normc opinion."

Bear in mind that the English language, with all of it's nuances, can be difficultfor our foreign visitors to learn. He probably just typed "do", instead of "to".

I'll let him answer for himself, but I think he was simply agreeing with you.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2004, 11:08 AM   #8

I've owned Canon A10's and A20's and was very impressed with them. I used a Tiffen adapter and CrystalVue Sharpshooter with the A20 to take some nice 'bird" pics. (Of course, I had to use an LCD viewer to frame the shots.) The A80 might be of interest to you. It's not one of the ultra-slim pocket cameras, but it is fairly compact.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote