Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 10, 2004, 1:36 PM   #11

roskapoti,

you could always make your own forum/website; why don't you design one that's really good and invite us in for a look?
oikos888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 2:26 PM   #12

Yeah, Steve provides a great service. Let's all find something to nitpick about so we can make him mad.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 3:41 PM   #13
kex

ever thought about the reason for the black design?
Many pictures are posted here and it gives a natural background for pictures and a good contrast, too! I like the black one.
kex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 4:25 PM   #14

roskaposti wrote:
Quote:
Yea, I found after writingmy message that the color scheme can be changed. But still I wonderwhat kind of person has chosen the black as default? He/she is certainly not a professional designer, I'msorry.

And I think that any webmaster should ask something about their audience, not design a webpage by their personal taste/feel.
I must wonder what kind of person bumps in here out of blue and starts to nitpick on the design of this web site. Some things are matters of taste and this site just happens to be one of the best digital camera sites in the Internet and it is also provided for free. Some appreciation to the unselfish efforts of the site owner to bring the net community this fine service would certainly be appropriate.

If you are such an expert on professional web design, good for you. I could not care less. Why don't you go and design your highly professional sites somewhere else and come back only when you have learnt some manners and have something meaningful to say. Thanks.

z220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 4:31 PM   #15

Just for the record, I didn't especially love the black background either, but so what? I was able to change it and I did. It's not a big deal and it's your choice. It didn't even cross my mind to complain about it, especially in public!!!

Some people aren't happy unless they are complaining about something. It's the black background now and you can be sure it'll be something else later...

(ferny: I went and looked at your unfinished website and I think that it is very simple and clean - I like the look of it)
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 5:08 PM   #16

i use white on black, and i like it, not the black, i mean i dont go around wearing black or anything, but i find i can read it a lot quicker because im not distracted by all the colors, what can i say, im a simple kind of person

you have no idea how hard steve works on this site, please, dont come here and criticise the site based on two colors, as vito said
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 5:24 PM   #17

ALSO, there is there is a polite way to say things and a rude way...

you could have said "I do not favor the curent color scheme, is there any plan to change it in the future? Or maybe there is something i do not understand, could you please enlighten me on how to change it., thank you"

but no....

you say

why this HORRIBLE black design

and

i REALLY HATE this AWFUL black website design. why it cant be changed?

if i were steve, id be tempded to click the little "ban user" button

ok, im done
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 6:00 PM   #18

I like it. It is very easy to read and not tiring on the eye's. This is not A fashon website, It is A reading website.
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2004, 12:13 PM   #19

After reading the first post, I decided tochange the scheme to the default one. I read all of the posts and my eyes hurt so I changed it back to white/black. I like this one better.

frontier02 is offline   Reply With Quote