Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 14, 2004, 3:49 AM   #1

Hey all. I'm thinking of getting a new camera. Mine is a bit limited. I want one that is able to be used fully manually (shutter, aperture, focus). Has a fast shutter. Has some form of noise reduction so I can use it in low light. It needs to take a good picture, but most do now-a-days. I'd also like it to have a zoom, 3x optical is the minimum. Nothing under 2.5MP. My current one is 2.3MP and that is fine for me.
I would probably buy it second hand. I'd rather let someone else pay the big number so I don't have to. :lol: And I don't print many of my photos so an expensive camera wouldn't make much sense. A camera not in production is fine with me.

I am only thinking of getting one and may stick with the one I have for a while longer. So, what are my options?
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 14, 2004, 9:42 AM   #2

Look at the Toshiba PDR M700, see Steve's review. I have one and think that it's great. The included software (ACDSee) does a great job of noise reduction. Full manual with free firmware update, Canon glass, 10x opt. zoom, lens hood/adaptor tube included, 3.2 MP. Factory refurbs on ebay:

http://search.ebay.com/PDR-M700_W0QQ...ectZ1QQfromZR8

Lou
derbunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2004, 10:14 AM   #3

Canon A 60?

Ed
ed33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2004, 11:17 AM   #4

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into them later. I've just seen a Dimage 5 going cheap (at the moment) so will think about getting that.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote