Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 24, 2004, 12:23 PM   #1

Is there a way to mark all messages in a forum as read instead of having to open each one individually to clear the arrows?
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 24, 2004, 12:41 PM   #2
Administrator

A related question:

If anyone happens to know this (so I don't need to dig through help screens, or check the forums at wobb.com), does anybody know if there is such a thing as a "My Threads" list.

In other words, an easy way to see threads that you've participated in, that new posts have beenmade to since you read it last. This would be helpful, so that you don't accidently miss new posts (which are sometimes in response to your previous queries or answers).

Mind you, I'm not complaining -- I'm just wondering if there is a way to do it.

Thanks!

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2004, 1:27 PM   #3
Administrator

calr wrote:
Quote:
Is there a way to mark all messages in a forum as read instead of having to open each one individually to clear the arrows?
I just changed the forum configuration so that those green arrows would ALWAYS show, their purpose is to take you to the newest post in the topic.

I do not know of any way to mark all messages as read, don't think there is such an option or at least I haven't found it yet :roll:
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2004, 1:36 PM   #4
Administrator

JimC wrote:
Quote:
A related question:

If anyone happens to know this (so I don't need to dig through help screens, or check the forums at wobb.com), does anybody know if there is such a thing as a "My Threads" list.

In other words, an easy way to see threads that you've participated in, that new posts have beenmade to since you read it last. This would be helpful, so that you don't accidently miss new posts (which are sometimes in response to your previous queries or answers).

Try clicking on the WATCH TOPIC button - it's down in the lower left at bottom of topic threads. You then go to My Account and use the Watched Topics tab. Not exactly what I'd call the user-friendliest thing but it works. You can also Watch Forums and get digests sent to you via email. Oh boy - more email in your inbox :shock:
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2004, 1:58 PM   #5
Administrator

Thanks Steve.

As the old saying goes "if it was a snake, it would have bit me".

I never even noticed the WATCH TOPIC button. I see that if I go to MY ACCOUNT, I can then see these topics.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2004, 2:23 AM   #6

calr wrote:
Quote:
Since the new forum software arrived, I've found I don't need that facility as much as I did. Under the previous regime, I used to have "show all posts since last visit" set, andI'd 'mark all as read' when I'd finished a session.This was fine *unless* a bad connection dropped the line, in which case I'd reconnect, and find there weren't any posts since the last visit a few seconds ago, so I'd often miss a lot of new stuff.

Now I use the excellent "Recent" button, and just keep reading until I realise that I've seen it all before.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote