Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 26, 2004, 8:32 PM   #1

I just bought a s7000 from Profeel and I am waiting for it to get here. I have been looking on Ebay and I have never bought any thing on there before. They have some super cheep lenes, are they good to use? I mean a wide angle linese that usally costs 200 bucks is only 40 bucks for "buy now". Would it just be super cheep pictures or do they work ok? Also I am trying to find a hand held flash for the hot shoe, any ideas were to look?

Well thanks.

junglereptiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2004, 9:03 PM   #2

I think it depends on which lens it is. Could you tell us what lens you are looking at? Don't post the link to the auction becuase somebody my snatch it up before you do.
RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2004, 9:11 PM   #3
Administrator

junglereptiles wrote:
Quote:
I mean a wide angle linese that usally costs 200 bucks is only 40 bucks for "buy now". Would it just be super cheep pictures or do they work ok?
Does it *really" usually cost 200 bucks? I'm surprised it didn't show a "retail value" of $399.99 :-)

You tend to get what you pay for with these cheap lens (Titanium, etc.)

I'd probably check with the guys on the Fuji forum and get their opinion of which lenses work best on this model.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2004, 4:11 AM   #4

Yup, usually brands like Digital Optics, Crystal Optics, and Titanium. Here's Raynox's lenses showing what their lenses look like on the camera, and sample photos with and without the lenses on the camera (click on the lenses for the samples):

http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/digital/egfujis602.htm
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2004, 7:37 AM   #5

All right thanks.

Just type in S7000 on Ebay and it will pull up all kinds of stuff including the lenses. Just the fact that my local camera store wants to charge me 300 bucks for one wide angle lenes while there are 50 adds for wide angle lenes for only 40 bucks. How good do they work? I want to still have clear sharp pictures, any before and after pictures?Thanks once more!!
junglereptiles is offline   Reply With Quote