Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 27, 2004, 7:50 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
ajitkataria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 315
Default

:?

Hi All,

I just discovered a Lamp like thing from a friend and would like to know more about it, if someone got any idea.

The front glass element is divided into 2 parts (60:40), 60% of it is Very high quality mirror and the remaining 40% is Frosty. There is a small "ZEISS IKON" logo on the frosty portion.

The inside of the lamp houses a glass bulb which reads "230V" and "20W".

The inside of the dome is painted peach in colour.

The rear bracket of the lamp could be swiveled and the lamp could be rotated on it's axis.

Please click at the below link to view more pictures;

http://photobucket.com/albums/0803/r...t=e8c8c120.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

AK




Attached Images
 
ajitkataria is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 27, 2004, 7:56 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Chako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 301
Default

My guess is that it is some sort of lamp for the medical field.
Chako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2004, 5:53 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
KCan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,625
Default

My bet is this is a vintage (50-60's) makeup mirror
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2004, 6:26 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Chako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 301
Default

For an interesting read into the history of Zeiss, and possibly some clues to your mystery object.

http://www.company7.com/zeiss/history.html


Chako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2004, 5:12 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 118
Default

Zeiss did the lenses for the machine that my optometrist uses to shine light into my eyes to check for problems.
Red Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:39 PM.