Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 2, 2004, 2:40 AM   #1

Hi, I have recently taken the casio ex-p600 to a resort and since4 of the small screws at the bottom were lost, alot of sand has got into it. I tried taking it apart and got rid of some of the sand. However I took out a screw and it fell into the camera and the pc sync port is now broken because the cords that were soldered on to fell apart. Also, the flash does not work. It still works, but the flash and pc sync cord are damaged. Is there any way I can manually repair this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If not, I am thinking of getting a different 3MP camera
sanityfallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 2, 2004, 12:15 PM   #2

Considering the value of the camera ( ~600$ ?) I guess the best option is to send back to the manufacturer to get repaired, or at least , estimated.
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2004, 12:23 PM   #3

No offense, but given your track record at repairs, I don't think it's something that you should personally attempt.

Quote:
However I took out a screw and it fell into the camera and the pc sync port is now broken because the cords that were soldered on to fell apart.

A camera is not something that can be easily fixed by most do-it-yourselfer's. Unless you're electronically inclined and good with such things, it's best left for those that know what they're doing. Take it to your camera repair shop and get an expert opinion as to the cost/replacement feasibility.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote