Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 13, 2004, 1:24 AM   #11

Thanks for information Mr Harryed and others.

I have tried MemoriesonTV 2.17. It is a nice program but it is not freeware. It does not accept many CD burning drivers (accepts NERO). Even if I buy the s/w if it does not support other CD burning drivers it may not be useful incase I change the CD/DVD writer.

Is there any other freeware which is similar to MemoriesonTV. Are the earlier versions of MemoriesonTV or PictureonTV free.

I have Nero ver 5 which allows photo VCD creation but the file types do not include jpgs. Is there any solution ? Any information on this will be highly appreciated.
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2004, 10:19 PM   #12

Have you found anything? I am also looking for a program to burn all my small video clips in mov, avi, and mpeg files to a cd to be viewed on tv dvd player.

I have searched, and tried many trail programs, and none of them will work.

Please Help, someone!!!
marshur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2004, 8:05 PM   #13

I finally found a program that would burn my video's and play it on my tv dvd player,
it is here http://www.picturetotv.com/download.htmIt is MovesOnTV

It has a free trail, and if you like it you can buy it for 39.00:|
Old Oct 20, 2004, 8:36 AM   #14

I dont recall the acronym they gave it, but many of the newer dvd players will read jpg, avi mp3 etc without any need for a special program to burn it. I have a panasonic dvd-a player that you just throw a cd/dvd in with the files and it will let you play them back in a slideshow or whatever. So if you havea newer player might want to check into that to see if you need anything special
gruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2004, 9:28 AM   #15

gruss,

In your Panasonic DVD player, does it play Video clips that are on a CD as files?
Old Oct 20, 2004, 11:38 AM   #16

I'm not sure I havent actually tried a video file, the jpeg and mp3 feature is nice though since I archive on cd, when the family is over i just pop those in, no fuss slideshow. Ithink the feature is called HighMat, maybe do a search on that, developed by panasonic and microsoft and its supposed to be upgradeable. I havent checked in a while to see if there were any firmware upgrades for it, but I thought it would do avi's too. since MS had a hand in it it probably wont play the .mov files from my camera.
gruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2004, 12:57 PM   #17

there is a really good site with that info.

www.vcdhelp.com or was it www.vcdhelper.com

smilepak is offline   Reply With Quote