Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 4, 2004, 3:25 PM   #1

Hi everyone!!

I just joined the forum today, so I hope this is the right section to post this message.

I am looking for a decent digital camera that will allow me to set it to take a picture every 10 or 15 seconds and keep shooting until I stop it. I need this feature for my self photography ventures.

I currently own a Sony DSC-S30..... yes one of the early model Cybershot camera's..... and it has a 15 second timer on it but it only takes one picture at a time with the timer. I need a camera that will keep shooting pictures.

Doesn anyone know of a digital camera that can do this that won't cost me an arm and a leg?

Thanks,

David
exciterboy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 4, 2004, 4:56 PM   #2

My Minolta D7i has "interval recording":

Interval recording
2-99 frames. Interval time: 1-10 minutes, 15 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes, 60 minutes

Some other cameras may have this mode too.

KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2004, 7:52 PM   #3
Administrator

Thenewer Minolta DiMAGEA1 and A2 models also have this feature.

Another camera with it is the Pentax Optio 555.

Nikon also makes a wired remote contro (MC-EU1)for use with some of their models that has this feature (you program the interval into the remote):

http://www.nikonmall.com/product.asp...;searchcatid=3

The MC-EU1 Remote Controller is useable in two diffent ways: the remote mode is used when controlling the camera at a distance and enables the user to trigger the camera on demand, while the two interval Modes (Interval Mode A and Interval Mode B) allow you to take photographs one after the other at a specified interval (the interval be set in increments of one second to any value from two minutes to twenty four hours.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2004, 10:31 PM   #4

Canon digital cameras come with software that lets you shoot pictures at any interval for as many frames as you choose as long as the camera is tethered by a USB cable to your computer. This is good for shooting "time-lapse" pictures.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2004, 12:12 AM   #5

Wildman wrote:
Quote:
Canon digital cameras come with software that lets you shoot pictures at any interval for as many frames as you choose as long as the camera is tethered by a USB cable to your computer. This is good for shooting "time-lapse" pictures.
I can see how taking your computer with you would enhance the cameras ability to take time-lapsed shots...although, you don't need to do this with the Minoltas.
Old Aug 5, 2004, 1:55 AM   #6

So far that I've been able to find are camera's that do time-lapse photography in minute time intervals.

I need one that can do time-lapse photography every 10 or 15 seconds...... but I'm starting to get discouraged that no digital camera's have this ability yet.

I could see how time-lapse photos taken anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes apart would be great for capturing the bloom of a rose, but when your doing self photography like I do it would be kinda dumb to stand there for 15 minutes waiting for the camera to take another picture lol.

Oh well, I guess I'll just keep running back and forth to my camera to reset the timer before running back out in front of the camera to "strike a pose" before the camera snaps a shot again.

Thanks ya'll,

David
exciterboy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2004, 7:38 AM   #7

Nikon 8700, Works great and very easy to use.
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2004, 2:05 AM   #8

Any camera which has a serial port - for example the Nikon CP series including the CP4500 (CP950, 990, 995, etc.,) can do this with the Harbortronics DigiSnap 2000 or other programmable remote release.... There are numerous older model cameras which have serial ports - see a complete list at Harbortronics (link below). All you need to do what you want is a DigiSnap remote release which is easily programmed with your computer to any sequence you wish. I suggest also an external battery to power the camera especially it the sequence will involve hundreds of shots.

Lin

http://www.harbortronics.com
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote