Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 4, 2004, 11:25 PM   #1

Code:
Whenever I paste a reply it comes out green and in a box. I've tried "Select all" and switching colors, but it stays green and in a box. This just started.

I have dual monitors and like to have the post up on one screen to refer to along with other replies. So I write the reply in Word in the other screen and paste it over. With the new board I found I had to use Verdana 9 point so it looks like a normal post, but never had problems pasting until today.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 5, 2004, 8:06 AM   #2

Since this new board, I had to write in word (for checking typo and spelling errors) , then paste first time in notepad, recopy and repaste it here to copy only text with no attribute, if not I got unpredictable results .:roll:

KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2004, 9:20 AM   #3

Looks like it is back to normal. The site is the only one I've encountered that keeps the formatting when you paste. I would prefer it didn't, but it does have its advantages.
Old Aug 5, 2004, 10:39 AM   #4

Heck, at least you get text!
If I type in here, cut and paste it into word I don't see any text at all! It's there, I can hilight it (but it still isn't visible.)

If I correct the spelling of the floating green underlines (no text, see) and then cut and paste it back into my browser.... I get no text there either (but it still is selectable.)

I didn't have this problem in the forums before, but I do now. I was thinking of trying that notepad trick (to remove all formatting) good to hear it works.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2004, 11:04 AM   #5

eric s wrote:
Quote:
If I type in here, cut and paste it into word I don't see any text at all! It's there, I can hilight it (but it still isn't visible.)
Eric, it' a question of character color. if you copy to Word, use special copy, text only.
Old Aug 5, 2004, 12:31 PM   #6

Hi Eric: I can paste anything from Word with a normal copy/paste. It brings things like
size or bold or italics or color directly from Word. Not sure what caused the box with the green lettering though. Maybe that is what you are getting. I couldn't read the text until I highlighted it before posting with the box. If it happens again I will troubleshoot in the preferences, but I didn't do anything to stop it from happening – it just went back to normal.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 9:19 AM   #7

It just worked for me as well. Something must have changed on this site.

KCan, I have no idea what special copy is. I don't see it in my browser and my copy of word only has "special paste". Thanks for the idea, though.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2004, 9:24 AM   #8

eric s wrote:
Quote:
my copy of word only has "special paste". Thanks for the idea, though.
Sorry Eric , That's it (it's because in French "paste" is "coller" , where my mistake :?)

Old Aug 9, 2004, 4:24 AM   #9

I spend a lot of time pasting text into web forms. One thing that's made my life MUCH easier is a little utility called PureText. Once installed, it means that Windows-V (i.e. the "Windows" key between Ctrl and Alt on most keyboards, plus "V") pastes whatever is on the clipboard AS PLAIN TEXT.

Sounds trivial, but it saves hours of messing. PureText is at http://www.stevemiller.net/puretext/

fenlander
fenlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2004, 10:20 AM   #10

Thanks fenlander , very