Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 9, 2004, 9:04 PM   #11

Let me see if I understand this. Is it that you started this thread with an untruth, and now you want members of the forum to give you advice? Do I have that right?

I'm hoping I don't, because members of this forum are pretty good at trying to offer sincere help to sincere people.
Deane Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2004, 9:46 PM   #12

I am a very big bargain hunter and not really a photography crazed person. I thought that everyone would jump on a deal like thissince if it did work there would most likely be no way I would have gotten it since you guys would have. I am sorry for any mistrust but I hope you understand. I am very short on cash and this looked like a good deal. Thanks again for all your help.
Cheese Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2004, 10:17 PM   #13
Administrator

Cheese Dude wrote:
Quote:
I am a very big bargain hunter and not really a photography crazed person. I thought that everyone would jump on a deal like thissince if it did work there would most likely be no way I would have gotten it since you guys would have. I am sorry for any mistrust but I hope you understand. I am very short on cash and this looked like a good deal. Thanks again for all your help.
You could have asked the questions without revealing the auction details if it were a big concern. There was no need to "tell an untruth" (a polite way of putting it).

To be frank, I didn't appreciate it. I'm not going to try and preach "Ethics 101", but please try to learn from this.

I'll give you some advise anyway. There could be any number of things wrong with the camera. Chances are, the seller would have tried to get it working anyway. That's why it's being sold "as is". Also, it would probably be more expensive to fix it than it's worth. It's a nice camera if working, but it is a 4 year old model.

Even if the camera was designed so that it would not power up without a memory card in it, that doesn't mean that the problem is the memory card anyway. It's more likely an internal component failure of some type.

Is it worth buying? I wouldn't touch it. However, if I saw a used model from a reputable seller in mint condition and needed a camera, then I would consider buying one of those. The older 3MP CCD's used in these models were very good performers.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2004, 1:18 AM   #14

I have a 3030 which I bought in Jan of this year from a dealer as a factory refurb (came with standard 90 warrenty). I took the card out and turned it on and get an error message saying no card.

Sorry

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote