Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 27, 2004, 12:51 PM   #11

Like many people I have a lot of digital photos taken over the years. Most are archived on DVD's and a few of my favorites made it to print.

My question is how do the rest of you "present" these photos other than printing?

For instance, if I came over to your house and wanted to see your digital photos of the last vacation, do you just pull out the CD and run each photo one at a time? Or do you somehow have a program that runs a slide program?

I kinda feel like many of my photos will remain on DVD's for the rest of my life and only I will know how proud I am of them. In the old film days you printed just about every photo. Or, in the old days, setup a screen and bored friends with a slide projector.

Thanks for any ideas.

Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2004, 1:32 PM   #12

I only have 300 or so that I'm remotely happy with, and are all featured on my site.

That being said, I've clicked the shutter on my cameras over 10K in the last 2 years.
The_Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2004, 1:45 PM   #13

To show things off for now I assemble slide shows and just route my PC's output to the home theater, the plan is to upgrade itand acquire a LCD projector someday

But it is low on the list, thanks to Canon and their 20d, and more lenses, and ........

Magee wrote:
Quote:
Like many people I have a lot of digital photos taken over the years. Most are archived on DVD's and a few of my favorites made it to print.

My question is how do the rest of you "present" these photos other than printing?

For instance, if I came over to your house and wanted to see your digital photos of the last vacation, do you just pull out the CD and run each photo one at a time? Or do you somehow have a program that runs a slide program?

I kinda feel like many of my photos will remain on DVD's for the rest of my life and only I will know how proud I am of them. In the old film days you printed just about every photo. Or, in the old days, setup a screen and bored friends with a slide projector.

Thanks for any ideas.

PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2004, 1:58 PM   #14
kex

I took about 7k photos so far. 4,54 GB.
kex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2004, 5:40 PM   #15

Digital, 3,042 photos which is 1.93GB in 110 days.

So that's twelve good shots to every 3,000 then. Not a bad ratio. :lol:
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2004, 3:33 AM   #16

I got aroun 15,000 pics since 2001
judell74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2004, 6:16 AM   #17

well i have only had my camera for bout 4 months and clocked up around 500 or so pics... havn't really sat back and counted, But always looking for more to come, going to do a quite trip around the north island soon with a friend, so i'm taking 3 md cards with me 128,64 and the original 16 mb (and a huge stock of batteries)

Grant

ps just took 70 or so pics at a kids 1st birthday party today, gonna throw some on here as soon as i get permission from mom :-D
picnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2004, 12:12 AM   #18

In the coming months I hope to get an accurate count of just how many I have. From last Thursday thru Saturday alone (Aug. 26-28 ) I had 2,400 pics. I'll probably do about that many again Sept. 10-12 since that's another three day racing weekend, plus a WAZZU football game as well. :lol:
I've been doing photos since 1999 but I worked FT at a paper until May 2003, so for the most part I don't actually have photos as part of my collection until May 2003. It's still a pretty large number though, I'd imagine. Went through about 120 rolls of film as freelancer last year, thus the main reason I switched to digital. I'm taking a lot more pics now with digital.
murphyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2004, 12:40 AM   #19

With my old digital camera (Olympus c3000z) about 2,000 pics over 3+ years. With my OM-1 probably 100 or so rolls of film through high school. With my 10D since January, almost 11,000 :-)

Can anyone guess which camera I like the best?
Gandalf065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2004, 2:06 AM   #20

I'm currently on holidays, and relying on my laptop for photo storage. It's getting close to 37Gbfilled, of a 40Gb hard drive. I'll be shopping for more space soon...At least half of that are images.
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote