Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 25, 2004, 8:43 AM   #1

I have 7974 pictures in my collection sorted into 120 days. I'm still in high school and I usually take a camera with me wherever I go :?
sanityfallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 25, 2004, 11:04 AM   #2

I have some where over about 10 thousand in a bit over a year.

I was talking with someone about their picture collection. In 20+ years of film (note, that doesn't include digital in the past several years) he has over 800,000 pictures all filed and organized in his basement. Yes, printed FILM pictures (and negitives, which were not included.) And he is able to find the picture he wants with minimal effort. Just staggers the mind.

Needless to say, his basement is temprature and humitidy controlled. mildew will kill stored pictures. His wife is thinking that they should move in the next year or two. This idea scares him!

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2004, 12:02 PM   #3

This boggles the mind! To have taken 800K pictures in 20+ years means that he averaged taking 100 pictures each day.:shock: Actually, I wish I had the time to do this.
frontier02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2004, 1:10 PM   #4

In 5 months I only have 1915 pictures.
choeschen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2004, 1:48 PM   #5

Over 40 years of photographs? I would hate to say. Interestingly we save more I feel nowadays with digital than before with silver halide, but if I include the negs I never want to print maybe more. Today we do not hesitate to press the shutter knowing that the cost factor is nil if we don't like the shot. I would hate to estimate how many I have in reserve from my silver halide days, plus the discs I have from the last year must total at least 1,000. It doesn't matter though. Lets just enjoy. Our past will be someone else's future.
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2004, 10:16 PM   #6

That is why this guys collection just amazes me. He shoots professionally (photojournalism) and over the years has covered everything from sports to "real news". I'm sure its the sports that has padded his numbers.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2004, 12:29 AM   #7

I've filled up my first 200GB hd, over half of it all are photos from work that I accumulated in a little over a year :O Dang, I need that 1TB Lacie drive :-) I backup everything to cd's right after work (weddings), so its somewhat okay. I have to figure out a safer, and if possible, faster way to backup all my work.
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2004, 12:41 AM   #8

i'm not sure the exact number of photographs...but i'm almost positive it's over 1000...i've had my camera since christmas 2002 (lol...wasn't a present...i bought it like a week before! lol) so that's wat? a year and 8 months....yea...but most of them were from the 400+ shots i took on my two week trip to North Carolina..

i have 8 filled, or nearly filled....lol....700mbx8? lol wow..that's only 56 GB! notbad

marokero..you beat me...but i'm just a "hobbiest"

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2004, 11:32 AM   #9

photosbyvito wrote:
Quote:
i'm not sure the exact number of photographs...but i'm almost positive it's over 1000...i've had my camera since christmas 2002 (lol...wasn't a present...i bought it like a week before! lol) so that's wat? a year and 8 months....yea...but most of them were from the 400+ shots i took on my two week trip to North Carolina..

i have 8 filled, or nearly filled....lol....700mbx8? lol wow..that's only 56 GB! notbad

marokero..you beat me...but i'm just a "hobbiest"

Vito
Vito, did you forget to stick a dot in between your 5 and 6? 8 700MB disks add up to about 5.6GB. I am just giving you a hard time. And those pics you took in NC were awesome.

RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2004, 11:45 AM   #10

I've got about 4000 digital images online along with about 600 slide scans. I still have about ten carousels full of slides to scan along with about 300 rolls of 35mm color negatives. That's over 10,000 picture that I hope to have online and cataloged with Paint Shop Photo Album 5.

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote