Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 27, 2004, 3:00 AM   #1

For the last few days this forum has been getting slower and slower. For the last five minutes no pages have responded, now I've got a flurry and everything is fine. This is regular for me but seems to be getting worse. At other times it is fine and the main site doesn't seem to be affected.
Is it just me, or are others having the same problems?

I've just typed that and now I've clicked "send" and there is no response again.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2004, 10:12 AM   #2

Have you been trying the forum at different times, or at the same time every day? My thinking is that because it's based on US time, there might be an event at the website provider that is slowing down the service at the time you access it in the UK, like a backup.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2004, 11:53 AM   #3

This post is made at 05:53pm (my time) for reference.

I visit this place at any time from 9am to 11pm, my time. It does seem to be worse during the morning and evening. I was thinking that the place where this is hosted is getting more users than they can cope with. It seems to have only happened since the domain change to. It used to be stevesdigicams.com/forums and now it is stevesforums.com. I don't know if it changed server at the same time, possibly hosted by wowbb, or if just the domain changed.
Sorry for posting this thread three times. Every time I clicked send Opera showed me activity then dropped it as if there was no response from the server.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote