Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 1, 2004, 1:25 PM   #1

Going with the youth of my church to a christian rock festival that will last ALL DAY. Wouldn't mind taking pictures to document, but is it safe to take my D70 with me. This will be the first time taking a camera to a concert and I have no idea. Yeah, it's a really stupid question, but I would like to know. Oh, and supposedly we got lawn seats, still not quite sure yet.
alphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2004, 1:34 PM   #2

hmm, it depends, i went to a show my friends band had....but it was a small crowd...so it was ok...

i would think it would be fine, especially at a christian rock concert, but you'll want to keep it around you the whole time, or have a car you can lock it in, when you're done taking shots..

i'm not very trusting when it comes to my camera....so i dunno...i probably would bring mine...but mine is an almost 2 year old canon high end consumer (g2)

Vito

btw...where is this? and who's playing? is it soon? is it by any chance "autumn blaze" or "Fallout"?
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2004, 1:40 PM   #3

photosbyvito wrote:
Quote:
hmm, it depends, i went to a show my friends band had....but it was a small crowd...so it was ok...

i would think it would be fine, especially at a christian rock concert, but you'll want to keep it around you the whole time, or have a car you can lock it in, when you're done taking shots..

i'm not very trusting when it comes to my camera....so i dunno...i probably would bring mine...but mine is an almost 2 year old canon high end consumer (g2)

Vito

btw...where is this? and who's playing? is it soon? is it by any chance "autumn blaze" or "Fallout"?

Thanks so much. I was thining about taking my manual, an old Pentax but I have the fear of running out of film. And I'll definitely take your suggestions in mind.

The concert is being held at Starlight Theatre in Kansas City, Moand it's this coming Sat. Will arrive at 10am and leave around 11pm.

Unfortunately the two bands you mention are not going to be there, but I know the list of bands that will be attending is well over thirty. It's a two day event, with the softer music on the first day and the much harder rock on the second.

Old Sep 1, 2004, 2:01 PM   #4

oh ok...

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"autumn blaze, and fallout are christian concerts around the tristate area...and i might be going...so that would be funny if you were going too..

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"are, casting crowns, newsboys,or switchfoot gonna be there?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Vito
Old Sep 1, 2004, 2:10 PM   #5

Yep, Casting Crowns will be there and so will be Kutless, Pillar, Relient K, KJ-52, Building 429, Mission Road, and RJ Helton. And that is only on the main stage. There are several newcomers that will be on two other stages. Forgot to mention it's the Rock The Light Festival.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 4:11 PM   #6

Also, you should check on the regulations regarding cameras beforehand...some events restrict all cameras, others restrict the use of long lenses. Personally I wouldn't take a dSLR or SLR to such an event...I'd take something like an Elph or other pocket camera (as much as I dislike pocket cameras).
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2004, 4:16 PM   #7

oh wow....good point mike...

wow alphie...that sounds awesome! casting crowns is really good...i like pillar too, but haven't heard a whole lot of their stuff...

have fun!

Vito
Old Sep 1, 2004, 4:30 PM   #8

I've checked the regelations and couldn't find anything, but I'll check again. Unfortunately I don't have a pocket camera. :sad: