Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 25, 2005, 1:59 AM   #11
Baz

Ferny, Thankyou for that. Amazing. You say one can only post one photo. More that that, you need to reply to the post.

I've seen several posts on the photos forum, where people frequently post several photos, in the same post.

Can we do that?
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 2:35 PM   #12

If hotlinking, yes. If attaching an image to a post (uploading to the forum), then no.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 4:01 PM   #13

hey guys
i had played with an idea...of using a series of uploading, previewing the post, copying the URL of the image,and adding it image tags...to fit multiple on one post..
but it didn't always work..
sometimes it would have 1 picture missing...or 2...or none would work...
so i just went back to replying to my own post...

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 8:22 PM   #14

"You can only post one image at a time. If you wish to upload multiple images you will need to Reply to your post."

it's just a matter of clicking enter after each photo and going back and repeating the process, BUT only if you have a host site like photobucket etc
:-)

aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 8:23 PM   #15

Great Idea setting up thisthread Ferny:-)
Old Jan 29, 2005, 9:15 PM   #16

hey alady...you can add multiple photos to a single post...just not when using steves' "Browse" button below when posting...

only when hotlinking from another site

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 9:41 PM   #17

ahhhh maybe because except for my avatar I use photobucket for all other posts whichis whyI can multiple post, did not realize this. Anyway for anyone wanting to multiple post I would advise that they set up something like photobucket, Ive got 4 sites, talk about overkill:lol:
Old Apr 16, 2005, 6:32 PM   #18

Hello there. I am trying to post a picture that started out as a jpeg but after cropping it turned into a PPD file. I tried it again and it turned into a PSF file. Neither of which would work. I tried a zip? and that didn't work either. I don't know what to do.

Any ideas?

Thanks. Rob
neekak9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2005, 6:37 PM   #19
Administrator

It needs to be posted as a recognizable image file format if you want it displayed in the forum post. I'd also suggest making sure it's downsized toaround 640x480 or smaller.

I'd suggest using JPEG (.jpg). Your image editor should allow you to pick the file type you use when saving a file (you'll usually see the available options when using an application's "File, Save As" menu choice.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2005, 7:06 PM   #20

Okay. I apparently need to take a class on computers. I have made a totalof three posts here: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_forum.php?id=90and that last two were with the picture made smaller but it looks really huge when I enter that post. I changed them to 640x480 but they still seem too big. There is one other option under the "resize" and it is for "handheld pc 240x320 screen." Would that work better or is there a different way to make them fit better on the screen?

Thanks. And I also don't know how to get all of the incorrect posts that I have added, off of your site.

Rob
neekak9 is offline   Reply With Quote