Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 28, 2004, 1:59 AM   #1

I for one will be curious and excited to see what is revealed and at what price. Finally we can see if the rumours re a digital EOS-3 are true, and at what price will the EOS 1ds MKII come in at? My brother was sooo excited when he saw the EOS 20d in a shop yesterday, hebought it, but hestill LOVES his EOS-3 (Film) I hope he made the right choice......I have decided that if the EOS 1ds MKII comes in at a reasonable price, I am going for it using the 10d as a back-up (and an extension on the mortgage!!). I photograph monstrous Villas and people mainly so this is my dreeeeeam camera......:?

Ra Ra Ra......:-D:-D
Freefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 28, 2004, 8:42 AM   #2

freefly, if you go for the 1ds mark II...you won't need an upgrade for a while

last night i saw something about photokina, so i decided to look it up, cuz i know it would be a blast to go to something like that...but...it's in germany..

lol

vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2004, 10:08 AM   #3

Hey Vito,

That was my exact thinking. Go for the highest end now, and I shouldnt need to upgrade for AT LEAST 5 years, if at all. I am hoping that one day, Canon will produce a camera that is capable of being upgraded like a PC, i.e, just change the sensor when they upgrade. Or add components as updated or required, but I guess that would be bad marketing and bad for their COFFERS! At the end of the day, I shouldnt need to upgrade. Its like when I used film, I had a Nikon F3 and then an F5, those cameras would have lasted, and still do, for a long long time. As for the Photokina, there is a similar showing of all these new "Arrivals" in New York in October....same format...check it out!!!
Quote:
For those wishing to get a first glimpse of that dream, production models of the new EOS-1Ds Mark II camera will be on display at the Canon booth at the Photokina trade show in Cologne, Germany starting on Sept. 28th and at New York City's Photo Plus show starting on Oct. 21st at the Jacob Javits Convention Center. The EOS-1Ds Mark II camera body carries an estimated street price of $7,999 and is scheduled to begin shipping in November.
Old Sep 28, 2004, 1:36 PM   #4

wow....8,000 for 16 MP isn't bad!

btw...freefly...

who says you'd need to upgrade in 5 years anyway! i mean...with 16 mp...you could EASILY print up passed 20 inches...how much bigger you wanna get

(hmm...full walls? i guess an upgrade might be necessary )

but, once you "need" to upgrade again, the lowest you'll be able to buy in dSLR will probably be into the 20s(mp).....

do they have the full specs on the 1ds mark II yet?

i want to see the buffer, and shots per second...that might be something you need to upgrade, because that is getting a lot better each new model they release...

hmm...i should look into any fairs they might have in NY or Philadelphia...that would be a blast..

Vito

photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2004, 2:04 PM   #5

Quote:
and at New York City's Photo Plus show starting on Oct. 21st at the Jacob Javits Convention Center

Go and have a look see!!!!!!!!!! :|There are normally a few Stunning models there too!!!