Old Oct 8, 2004, 11:05 PM   #11

ISO 50 same seetings as other.
Imacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2004, 11:08 PM   #12

ISO 50 same seetings.
Attached Images

Old Oct 9, 2004, 1:00 AM   #13

Indoor lighting is something you have to play with. In those photos I can tell imediately that you used a flash due to the reflections and the shadows. A pro would use multiple lights to balance them out and increase ambient light. A lot depends on what you want to get out of it.

Looking at the file numbers, did you just get the camera today (I saw PA080001 which means Oct.8, picture #1). If that's not the case, set the "FILENAME" to Auto, and make sure the camera isn't without a battery for more than a minute to make sure you don't lose your camera's settings.

The best thing you can do is practice, take lots of pictures, read up on the basics starting with http://209.196.177.41/ (which has a good section on flash photography), and your manuals (including the reference manual on the CD), Olympus has C-750 lessons about shooting inside, http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...fault=1&val=12 and of course the public library has tons of books on photography including flash photography (doesn't have to be digital specific).

- Check out the Oly_C-700 Yahoo Group, discussions, fun shooting challenges for ALL C-7xx users, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oly_C-700/
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2004, 12:28 PM   #14

Mike thanks for the advice and help on my issue. I will look into the sites you listed. Mike I had my camera for about 8 months now. Always learning and what to get better, thanks everybody.
Old Oct 9, 2004, 12:32 PM   #15

Imacer wrote:
Quote:
Mike thanks for the advice and help on my issue. I will look into the sites you listed. Mike I had my camera for about 8 months now. Always learning and what to get better, thanks everybody.
mike by seeting the filename to auto, what would that do?
Old Oct 9, 2004, 1:09 PM   #16

Setting the Olympus to Auto Filename...this is from the reference manual that's on the CD that came with the camera:

FILE NAME
The camera automatically creates file names and folder names for images to be stored in. Files can be numbered from 0001 to 9999 and folders can be numbered from 100 to 999. Examples are shown below. There are two settings from which you can choose: RESET or AUTO. Choose the one that is best for you when transferring images to a PC.

File name settings:
- RESET The file number and folder number are reset every time a new card is inserted in the camera. The folder number returns to No. 100 and the file number returns to No. 0001. This method is useful when grouping files on separate cards.
- AUTO Even if a new card is inserted, the folder number and file number are retained from the previous card, so the same file number is not used on different cards. This helps you to manage multiple cards. This method is useful when you want to manage all your files with sequential numbers.

1 In the top menu, select MODE -> MENU -> SETUP -> FILENAME -> RESET or AUTO, and press OK.
-----------

From day one I've set FILENAME to AUTO...because of that I know I've taken 3500 pictures from day one. With it set to RESET, every time you put in a card the counter resets to zero...with this configuration it is possible to have two or more pictures with the same filename (say if you are using multiple cards on vacation).
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote