Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 11, 2002, 2:51 AM   #1

Default which one Fuji 602Z or Canon G2

Hi, i own already a CASIO 3000EX which i was pleased with, special the sharpness en colours of my photos was very good.
But with a microdrive the camera is very slow and also i can't connect an external flash.
So i decided to buy a new digicam.
I think about the Fuji 602Z or the Canon Powershot G2.
From all the reviews and test photos i have seen that the Fuji has more sharpness than the Canon G2. But i know that the Canon is very quick with the microdrive. On both i can connect an external flash.
Please help me deciding with your experience.
Which one makes the better photos?
Planet X is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2002, 3:39 AM   #2

I can only comment on the 602, but I would rephrase your question to 'which cam CONSISTENTLY GETS better pics'

Subtle difference is sensitivity, multi-shot modes, low noise, manual/auto/, battery hours in cam, really flexible shooting modes, wide angle lens options, fast writes, fast good white balance etc.

The Fuji does all these pretty well, I'm sure G2 owners will say something similar.

Compare performance at the limits of both cams for what you intend to shoot, 'cos if the cam won't autofocus/expose or colour balance correctly, you haven't got a picture!
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2002, 5:44 PM   #3

Default Nikon Coolpix 5700 vs Minolta Dimage 7Hi

I am about to purchase my first digital camera. I am a long time SLR (Canon) user. I am interested in either the Nikon Coolpix 5700 or the Nilon Dimage 7Hi. I want to be able to control camera settings. I feel that both of these cameras would meet my needs. My question is that my wife would also be using the camera, and she is only interested in point & shoot. Which camera would be the best compromise for both of us
aj0410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2002, 6:04 PM   #4

7Hi is not the best choice for point-and-shoot. Check the 5700 specs carefully and see if it really provides enough control for you. Another point to consider. I love Minolta's EVF--I can set exposure just by what I see in the viewfinder. But some accomplished SLR folks are uncomfortable with it--they prefer an optical viewfinder.
Another solution would be to get the 7i or 7Hi for yourself and a nice pocket camera for your wife. Try for CF card and AA's to simplify things.
JimHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2002, 10:34 PM   #5

What kind of fotos will you be taking mainly. Inside or outside . Action of fixed. There is auto mode on D7Hi as well as the D7i. If you do not shoot in raw and do not need pc sync and can live with silver over black maybe they D7i is the best although the internal memory is larger on the D7Hi 64mb. I have the D7HI. Love it love it. I would have preferred a blue one though, hehehe but i can live with the black ( have to complain bout something)
rikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2002, 10:41 PM   #6

I would look at both in a camera store take a flash card and try them out but while you are there i would look at the D7i too and if you like raw the D7HI (which i own) then decide.
rikster is offline   Reply With Quote