Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 15, 2002, 10:51 AM   #11
NHL

There's many ways to skin a cat...

Is the gull large? ie cover a lot of area... then try to use the Dodge tool (midtone or shadow).

Otherwise I would copy the image to a new layer again, do an Extract (Ctrl -Alt-x), isolate out of the gull, increase its contrast, and gradually decrease the opacity of this new extracted 'gull' layer.
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2002, 4:13 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL
Digicams sample light electronically through it's CCD (ie there's no shutter per say).
Then how come my digicam, an Oly C-700, makes a mechanical noise when I'm taking a picture...sure sounds like there's a mechanical device closing while taking the picture.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2002, 5:14 AM   #13
NHL

Some cameras still have 'shutter' notably dSLRs, or the mechanical noise of stopping down the lens, however the CCDs have an electronically controlled shutter pin that is controlled by a digital high or low signal. Beside sampling a CCD after a shutter is closed is usually not a good idea since it's @ its worse. ie one is reading the CCD @ its noise floor!

In some cameras it could be use to shield the CCD... for protection may be (or for mechanical feedback). But in most cameras this is done shutterlessly, and in the Minolta D7i case in partticular one can select a mechanical or electronic sound through it's menu!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote