Do you have to "log in" to view the
forum? I have checked the "log in auto"
box, but I still have to manually log in
every time I visit.
Sounds to me like you don't have "cookies" enabled
in your browser? This is the only way a web site can
remember you.

And to answer the "do I have to login just to read messages"
question -- the answer is yes. The new forum requires it.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2002, 7:13 PM   #22

Thanks Steve, I appreciate the info.
Bill
Bill Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2002, 9:48 PM   #23

:?:
Steve,
Is it something wrong with the board? When I am not login yet, I can see and access the 2 new forums "Tricks..." and "SD9" , is it not suppose to?
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2002, 12:36 PM   #24
Administrator

Just pilot error on my end. I guess I need to watch the forum permissions when adding new ones as it defaults to "all" rather than "registered"

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2002, 11:21 PM   #25

May I ask, why this restriction? would it be better if every one are welcomed to "read" our forum?

PS: I see that's readable for everyone now, thanks Steve
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2002, 10:19 PM   #26

One small piece of advice from a genuine digital camera guy.....I see all sorts of wonderful reviews on your site and in general you do a fine job, with only one thing I find that needs to be addressed, when giving specs for users to ponder.....when batteries are being considered, its a good thing for camera manufacturers to use a readily available energy source, as they can be replaced in a flash from the local corner store. But, what of the proprietary battery users ?.....We would find it most helpful to get some sort of guestimate of battery life on these types of cells, and I think it would be very helpful to know the capacity of such batteries. This is only due to the way we all have become consumed by getting higher mah ratings of all the cells, since NiCad has given way to Lithium and NiMH, with maybe even the new Lithium Polymer coming over the horizon and bringing fresh hope towards longer life on a charge.....I find that if the capacity was announced along with the cost of additional batt-packs in the review, it may be enough to aid a buyer in making a camera purchase decision. I know, when I bought all three of my digital cameras and the process of going through 12 models in trying to satisfy my wife with hers, that the type of batteries was a big piece of the decision...I carry three sets in by camera bag with two being 1800 NiMH and one set of non-rechargeable Lithium. AA batteries are readily available and relatively inexpensive. Now, clear me off and get on with the good work that you do in providing clear and concise reviews as soon as you can get your hands on the new hardware......Cheers !
Rifleman is offline   Reply With Quote