Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 18, 2002, 7:00 PM   #1

Default ***Which camera's to buy for work environment?

I currently own a Fuji Finepix2800z 2 MP with 6x opt zoom and really like it. I now need to get 2 more cameras for work use (salespeople will use them to take photos of Signage). They have a Sony Mavica and like that (because of the LCD and zoom). But I am looking for a newer camera that uses memory cards opposed to limited floppies. WOuld also liek to use these memory cards (or camera hooked to printer) with a stand alone printer to print photos in bulk. lookign at the canon printers since i am happy with them.

Are there any durable cameras around 2mp, that have LARGE LCD screens like the Mavicas that use smart media or compact flash? and also have lots of zoom preferably beyond the typical 3x optical zoom? looking to spend around $300-$400 each. Maybe the Canon cameras have large displays? they would work perfectly with their cameras.
DigitalArtist71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 19, 2002, 3:28 AM   #2
lg

Default Best zoom available in 2MP is the Olympus C-2100

The C2100 has a 10x digitally stabilized optical zoom! It's easy to use, takes very sharp and properly exposed pics virtually all the time, and it uses SmartMedia. It has a 1.8" LCD and an EVF (electronic view finder-- you can view fully zoomed pics outside in bright sunlight). Refurbished units are going for about $350.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2002, 6:35 AM   #3

Oly C700 can be found for about $350us right now, but maybe not too much longer as it has been replaced by C720 I think. Sharp pics, 2 mp, SM, 10x optical (not digital) zoom plus many other nice features. Good reviews. I bought an A40 (which I'm happy with) in early summer but wish I had waited for the price drop on this cam, but I guess when it comes to techno stuff, we all wish we'd waited for the right price, features, etc. Might be able to print directly from cam by hooking cam to printer w/USB, but I don't know which printer(s). ar
A Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2002, 11:36 AM   #4

Check out the photoprinters at www.Canon.com . The 820 and 830D take CF cards so you can just swap them out of the camera. Also some of the Canon printers will connect directly with some of the canon cameras. I sure they tell you which on the website.
plschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2002, 12:26 PM   #5

You could try the Olympus C4000. It is 4mp with a 3x optical zoom. The price is about $400 on the web. Go to www.dealtime.com for price comparison and vendor ratings.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote