Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 10, 2004, 12:29 PM   #1

Hi all.
I have a couple of pictures that are saved in adobe acrobat reader 6.0 as clipboard viewer files. How can I save them or change them to jpeg or gif files. I have tried, but keep ending up with errors or file is unreadable.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
gone4coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 10, 2004, 12:43 PM   #2

You should be able to go to Tools & choose "Select Image tool". Then, in Acrobat, put the pointer over the image & left click to highlight it. Then right click on the highlighted image & select "Save image to clipboard"...it will be saved as a bitmap. You should then be able to open your image editor, choose a new (blank) canvas & paste the bitmap onto the canvas. Now you can choose "save as" & choose whatever format you want (all this is assuming you are using Windows & you have an image editor).
Old Nov 11, 2004, 9:38 AM   #3

[align=left]Kalypso. I ran into a little snag. when the picture is saved to the clipboard it is saved as a clipboardclip file. It will only open with Windows NT Clipbook. I have tried to change it to a jpeg, gif through dos in safe mode. Nothing seems to recognize the format. I'm not sure if the image editor I have is any good (arc soft) but it doesn't even see the file. Am I wasting my time??[/align]
[align=left][/align]
gone4coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2004, 12:47 PM   #4

I've never tried it with NT so I am guessing you are wasting your time.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 1:48 PM   #5
Administrator

gone4coffee wrote:
Quote:

[align=left]Kalypso. I ran into a little snag. when the picture is saved to the clipboard it is saved as a clipboardclip file. It will only open with Windows NT Clipbook. I have tried to change it to a jpeg, gif through dos in safe mode. Nothing seems to recognize the format. I'm not sure if the image editor I have is any good (arc soft) but it doesn't even see the file. Am I wasting my time??[/align]
If Windows NT Clipbook can recognize it, justdo a copy and paste from Clipbook.

You should be able to highlight the desired area in Clipbook, then use Edit, Copy (or, CTRL+C). Then just open an image editor and use Edit andPaste to insert the image into a new image file (or, use CTRL+V). Even Microsoft Paint should work to paste the image into (normally found under Accessories). Then, you can save the image as a JPEG file.

Of course, you can always use the Printscreen Key, too. Just press it, then open an image editor and paste the captured screen in a new image file (Edit, Paste, or CTRL+V -- i.e., hold down the CTRL and V keys at the same time to paste).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote