Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 22, 2002, 10:12 PM   #1

Default on-line stores

I am looking at purchasing a camera from Tristatecamera.com they seem to be the cheapest by far online, which makes me wonder,if there are any hidden problems with them.Has anyone else had any dealings with them
[/b]
whippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 23, 2002, 6:07 PM   #2

Check here before you buy.

http://www.resellerratings.com/index.pl
John Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2002, 12:11 AM   #3

try the Better Business Bureau as well, before placing an order with any of the online stores.

www.bbb.org
ajitkataria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2002, 3:09 AM   #4

Default NY merchants

Very often, the lowest price relates directly to the most problems, especially if the online merchant is in NY...a couple of exceptions to this rule, as I have personally experienced, are www.niceelectronics.com and www.buydig.com! I've ordered and received, within a few days, digicams at a superb price and in perfect condition! Neither merchant pressured me into buying 'over-priced' accessories. However, if you need to return a product, customer service is a hassle! But then, isn't it a pain with most online merchants, including HP and Dell?
As stated above, check with www.resellerratings.com and www.epinions.com, etc, to find out how the merchants treat you. A very low price often means a lot of problems in the end...
marcoangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2002, 8:20 AM   #5

You can read reviews at www.dealtime.com and pricescan.com. I selected the Olympus C4000 camera to find the vendors. Tristate Camera aka Tri State Computers. You read their reviews at www.resellerratings.com as mentioned by others.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2002, 4:16 AM   #6

DBUYS.Com is highly rated by resellers.com and they have excellent prices. Unusual for a NY based company.
I personally have not used them.
lobomayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2002, 1:08 PM   #7

Unlike many other on-line sites Tristate is an actual store in NYC. I have bought from the store but never on-line and had no problems. I somehow always feel better if there is more than a mail-drop. At least theoretically there is a place to face the sellers.
plschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2002, 12:38 AM   #8

I use www.pricewatch.com to check for the best price and then go to www.resellerratings.com to check the ratings on the seller.
I don't always go with the cheapest price, if the seller doesn't check out OK at the Reseller Ratings site.

For example, I found a great price on a camera that I was interested in. The prices was $250 cheaper than anyone else I had found thus far. When I went to Reseller Ratings I found out why. They would get you to buy accessories at extremely high prices and if you refused to buy the extras they said the item you wanted was back ordered. The people writing in said they never got the merchandise. 100% of the reports about this company advised not to buy from them. Had I not checked them out before ordering, I too would be ripped off.

Also, watch out for "gray market" products. make sure you get a US warranty.

Be carefull and investigate before to buy, and you'll save loads of money.

Danny Ayo
Danny Ayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2002, 1:39 AM   #9

Be sure to check out the places that advertise here and at other reputable web sites - in particular those with discussion forums. A good webmaster does not want to advertise bad retailers, and those with forums for sure don't want to have to put up with complaints about their advertisers.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2008, 11:53 PM   #10

i have used tri state camera all the time.

they are here in NYC so i just go to the store.
lgbalfa is offline   Reply With Quote