Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 24, 2004, 11:51 PM   #1

greetings fellow enthusiasts! a friend of mine asked me a question regarding compression setting for his digital camera, the question are as follows:

- what is economy, standard, fine and superfine he asked when he was setting up the resolution settings of his camera?

- he has a 128mb sd card and he wants to know how will the compression settings that he chooses will affect the quality of his shots?

hope to hear from u guys soon! thnx!
kronuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 25, 2004, 2:55 AM   #2

Economyis the most compressed, and Super Fine is the least compressed.

The Economy setting, therefore, will be the lowest quality, and the Super Fine will be the highest quality.

At the same time, Economy has the smallest file size, and Super Fine has the largest file size.

This is assuming that the resolution settings (4 MP, 2 MP, 1024x768, 640x480, etc.) is the same for Economy, Super Fine, etc.

The higher the resolution setting (4 MP, 2 MP, 1024x768, 640x480, etc.), the larger the original dimensions of the photo are - and so, the larger the print you can make.
EOS RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2004, 6:09 PM   #3

Keep in mind the image sizes will differ dramatically between a super fine setting on an 8 MP camera compared to the same setting on a 2 MP camera. Find out the make and model of the camera, and browse through Steve's reviews. No question, that will help you. Or post the make and model here. Someone's likely to have the same camera and can help. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2004, 2:25 AM   #4

thnx for the replies. well the model that he has is the same one that i got a Minolta DiMAGE F100. gud thing he thought of raising that question, since i've seem to forgot what its all about and just try to make good shots at the highest settings.

thnx again!

regards,

bryan
kronuz is offline   Reply With Quote