Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 19, 2004, 3:35 PM   #21

I just got back from florida and took two digi cams with me, my olympus still cam (multi media card) and my sony mini dv ( sony memory stick and dv tape) i had them in their cases and then the cases were in my carry on bag, both went through the metal detectors twice on the way there and twice on the way home. both are fine. Just keep your valuables with your carry on and you SHOULD be fine. Never trust anything of value in your suit cases NEVER!! and you can (most of the time) bring a tripod onboard the plane, they stick a yellow tag on it and keep it with the strollers and other big things like walkers and such, you have to get it from them after the flight though, at least in Hartford and in North Carolina, and florida...lol

good luck.

Ill be heading bak to florida again in january (trying to get away from new england cold) so i guess ill be seeing how compactflash cards do at the airports!

-zacker-
zacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2004, 4:26 PM   #22

zacker, I too cary my tripod with me on planes,but i was amazed when I flew to Florida from Ohio last year and the security people took my little set of jewelers screw drivers out of my camera bag and told me I couldn't have them on the plane, I figured they wouldn't let me have my leatherman in my bag like I always have, so I took it out and checked it (pre-9/11 I never had a problem, and I was allowed to carry it), but they took the screw drivers out and said that they would give it to a flight attendant and I would get them back in Florida, well we switched planes it North Carolina, and when I got to Florida, I asked the flight attendant if I could have them back, and needless to say, it was a different person, and she had no idea what I was talking about.....I never followed up on it because they were only $5....but i never got them back....

but they let me cary my pocketwizards ( little black box with antenna, flashing red lights, buttons, and the word "Transmitter" written on it ), after the bag went through x-ray, they looked at me kinda weird and opened the bag, pulled them out and put them back in without saying anything......

I swear, I'll never figure them out....

Brad
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2004, 7:53 PM   #23

lol sounds like you got stuck by the "not to bright" crew!

Here's a funny one, went to Yankee stadium this summer, they were checking cell phones at the front gate...making you show them that they worked...??? at the air port, they didng even question the fact that you were carrying one... strange!

-zacker-
zacker is offline   Reply With Quote