Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 5, 2004, 3:12 PM   #1

Help ,I'm confusedshould I buy anOlympus 765 or Panasonic FZ. I love the 10x zoom(I already have an older Olympus). I don't need anything to involved, I just want great pictures of my kids.
CSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 5, 2004, 5:05 PM   #2

Since they are both great cameras that will fulfill your requirements, you might as well just put yourself out of your misery and just buy the cheaper of the two. At least that way you will have some extra money to put into a larger memory card.

If there is no price difference, then get the FZ3 (thePanny most similar to the Olympus), mainly because it has image stabilisation, whereas the Oly does not.

There - confusion undone.....

PhilR.
PhilR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2004, 5:11 PM   #3

I've used Olympus cameras for years with great success. I currently have the E1--and it's great.
amshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2004, 5:25 PM   #4

I know i've used an Olumpus for years also. But I just online and iread really good things about the Panasonic FZ15. Do you have any comparisions with the FZ15 and olyc-765
Old Dec 5, 2004, 7:43 PM   #5

I owned the Oly C700. I now own the Panasonic FZ10. While I consider the FZ10 an overall superior camera, mainly because of the image stabilization, I think the Oly will do everything you want to do and is better suited to the single purpose of taking pictures of your kids. The Oly is small enough to slip into a purse or coat pocket. It's just easier to carry than the Panasonic. I took some great pictures of my nieces and nephews with the C700. I sold it and bought the FZ10 because I have varied photographic interests for which the Panasonic is more suited. If I only wanted a camera to take pictures of the kids, the Olympus would be my hands down choice. Of course, my decision would be made entirely on the ease of portability. Both cameras take great pics.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2004, 8:05 PM   #6

Thank you I think your right. The Oly c-765 might be a better choice.

Thanks
Old Dec 13, 2004, 12:05 AM   #7

I would look around this forum. I came across some folks stating that Olymus has a really bad track record for customer service. With the number of potential problems and the many different features and components in digital cameras, I would think this to be an important enough factor to warrant looking into. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 10:20 PM   #8

I went to a logal camera store today and ordered the Panasonic FZ3.

I have an older Olympus and I know they have a slower shutter.

Which always annoyed me, with having kids you can miss a great shot.

So I didn't want that again. And I read some really great things about the

PZ3, so I ended up going with that camera. I get it in a couple of days, so I'll find

out then if I made the right choice. Thanks.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 12:41 PM   #9

CSmitty,

Have you received the FZ3 yet? I current have an older Oly C720 and I really like it put it never autofocuses correctly in lower light. I am seriously thinking about getting the FZ15 so I can have manual focus. Post your comments of your new camera please!

Jeff
AevnsGrandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote