Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 12, 2004, 10:51 PM   #1

Hi all,

I have a friend who asked me what I thought of "Flat Screen Monitors". Just so happen I use one. It is a ViewSonic Graphics Series G90fb. It's a 19" monitor 18" viewable. I decided on this before I even thought of getting into digital photography. I have to be easy on my eye due to having amblyopia (lazy eye). I wanted to take the stress and strain off the only eye I can see out of.

I am glad I decided on this monitor even more so since getting my cameras and viewing my pictures as well as all the wonderful pictures posted here.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 12, 2004, 11:05 PM   #2

I have a Benq FP731 flat screen. It's 17" viewable, and I love it. I am a software developer and spend massive hours looking at monitors both at work and at home, so I know what you mean about the stress on the eyes.

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 12:40 AM   #3

Jake D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 1:04 AM   #4

Hint: mention if it is a LCD or CRT

I think you really meant to ask if we use an LCD type monitor.

I use a Samsung Syncmaster 957MB, a 19" CRT which has a flatscreen.

Here's another point of information.... is your monitor "profiled"? Mine is but using the very simple Natural color utility that is provided by Samsung with the monitor. I've been debating if the basic Colorvision Colorplus is enough or if I need to look at the Colorvision Spyder2 is more appropriate.
NewsyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 10:51 AM   #5

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 17" flatscreen. It's been great so far.... lots of clarity. It came with our new HP MediaCenter computer.
maryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 11:37 AM   #6

I have a 19 inch viewsonic 910 flat panel and I love it. It is pure digital from the video card to display. Some people say there isn't a difference between digital and analog connections. But I have noticed that pure digital is even easier on the eyes.
FZ20man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 11:50 AM   #7

Hi!

I'm using Iiyama LS902UT (Vision Master 1451). It's an entry level 19" Flat Square CRT, with 18" viewable...

I know it's not the best, but I think even the entry level CRT's in better than any LCD screens... (OK, the LCD's very good for office use,write a letter, or browsing the web. But, for view pictures, videos or even playing games, CRT still the best...)
KTTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 11:50 AM   #8

For a while I was dual-heading a IBM P72 (17inch) and a Samsung 910V (19inch, 19 inches viewable) just to make my self happy that the magic new flat LCDscreen stuff really was OK.

The IBM is now now packed away in a corner "just in case" the LCD decides tofail.

On theSamsung images are crisper, colors look truer, and the contrast range is much higher than the old CRT was capabable of.

Also calibration with the optical spyder is a lot faster, you just plug it in, hit start and go away.No need for the precal and individual gun calibrations that the CRT needed.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 1:05 PM   #9

Dell LCD 1703. 17" Samsung makes this for Dell. Love it, really clear and sharp.

Set to 1280 x 1024.

sRGB color space profile set from Paint Shop Pro 7.
jer1ivp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 11:48 PM   #10

Jake D is offline   Reply With Quote