Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 16, 2004, 3:10 PM   #1

If anyone is interested in ordering photos from an online website here is my two cents about two of them:

Shutterfly:

Pictures from Shutterfly are awful!! They are extremly washed out and just don't look good. They are printed on Fuji crystal archive paper though. Also the pictures come in a flemsy cardboard envelope that does nothing to protect the pictures. Also I ordered a calendar from them andit isn'tall that great either. Just washed out colors.

Winkflash.com:

These pictures are awsome, they are printed on Fuji crystal archive paper and ship in a heavy cardboard envelope that is much stronger thanshutterfly's.The pictures are crisp and the colors looklike they should. Also winkflash is much cheaper than shutterfly and the shipping is much much more cheaper at only .93 for youentire order.

I hope this helps

planters49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 16, 2004, 4:08 PM   #2

in defense of shutterfly, i get pictures from there are the time, and have custumers order from there as well, and i have seen and heard nothing but good things, the pictures i get are great, you might want to check that the pictures you send arnt over exposed, or over flashed....

Brad
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2004, 7:54 PM   #3

also, the envolopes help keep prices on shipping down, you dont really need THAT much protection, the only way you could hurt a print is bend it say past 90degrees, so the shipping container is not a problem....

does anybody else have a opinion?

Brad

bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2004, 8:04 PM   #4

lol, i do

i've never used both...but i have experience trying to print something with kinkos...

well, so far they've printed four copies...first two killed the dark details, so they let me edit the photo to brighten them up, so, the second two killed the midtones (the fog/clouds in the valleys looked horrible and choppy)

of course, the first one looked amazing on my PCs screen, and on the screen at kinkos, but printed much differently!

so, if your monitor doesn't match with shutterfly's (or winkflash's) monitor, and their monitors don't match with their printers...the pictures won't look the same...

of course, with my experience, things have looked brighter on the screen than in print

lol

i dunno winkflash looks pretty good to me

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2004, 11:51 PM   #5

i use shutterfly and mine always are great with color. i just ordered an 8 by 10 of a picture of horses and the color was superb... possibly BETTER than in my original

they turn out so well that i eneded up ordering some pictures for all of my family from shutterfly for the holidays.
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2004, 12:00 AM   #6

I have used Ofoto and been very pleased. I had a calendar done and even two 16 x 20 posters. They turned out very well! The posters were as sharpe as an 8x10. They use Kodak perfect touch digital processing which is very good. I print at a local Walgreens that has a new Fuji system which does a very good job. The digital kiosk is tied to the big machine. Some stores have a small printer underneath it which is inferior in quality.

Trique Daddi
Trique Daddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2004, 11:06 PM   #7

Shutterfly must have printed me a bad batch I guess. I ordered the same exact pictures from both shutterfly and winkflash to compare the two. The ones from winkflash look like the ones on my monitor, but the ones from shutterfly are just very washed out.
planters49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2004, 12:07 AM   #8

I have nothing but good things to say about Shutterfly. They are very good.
tacticalnuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2004, 2:15 PM   #9

I will say Winkflash all the way. I did a quick rundown of services back in July and found winkflash to be the best. Take a look - http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...ight=winkflash

--------
Ryan
RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote