Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 30, 2004, 7:13 AM   #1

I back up my photos to CD-R's with the files in appropriately descriptive directories, and am looking for a good / simple program to print a contact sheet of thumbnails for each directory that I can include with the actual disks when I store them in a 3-ring binder, etc. It would be great if I'd be able to include the directory name, and of course the individual filenames with each thumbnail on these printouts.

That's all I really want to do with this project- I don't need (and don't really want) anything more elaborate such as a searchable database, album, etc. of all these photos. I just want something to make the thumbail sheets when I point it to a given directory to go along with the CD-R's when I store them in my binder. Thanks for the benefits of your experience.

S1Artiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2004, 7:14 PM   #2

If you have an Epson printer, it more than likely came with Photo Quicker. That does a nice contact sheet.

Other than that, Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop have one built in.
Paul(UK) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 7:46 PM   #3

S1Artiste wrote:
Quote:
... am looking for a good / simple program to print a contact sheet of thumbnails for each directory that I can include ....
Irfanview can do this--sort of. By that I mean it can print a contact sheet (or save to a file) selected thumbnails. You have to select the thumbnails by navigating the directory tree until you reach the files of interest, select the files/thumbs (or select all) and then command 'print'. AFAIK it won't automatically give your a contact sheet for an entire directory structure.

Irfanview is (truly excellent) freeware. www.irfanview.com
jawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2004, 8:26 PM   #4

I use Fotoslate that came free with my Optio 30. Easy to use, I created this within 30 minutes of just tooling around:

Attached Images

terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2005, 10:29 AM   #5

Looks likeQimage will do this quite nicely too- and is the best option since I use that program and didn't even realize it could do it.

S1Artiste is offline   Reply With Quote