Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 30, 2004, 8:25 AM   #1

Stupid me! I was in a hurry and didn't really know what I was attempting and didn't understand UDF format. Trying to add a slide show to same picture disk a friend had been given of wedding pictures. I used nero 5 to burn slide show to the disk which must have been made in UDF format. Now I understand that Nero does not support Multi session UDF so can only use an empty disk for UDF writing.
Needless to say I used a multi session, got a popup window asking me if I wanted to convert format or similar wording and I said YES and that was big mistake.
Now my pc cannot read the image files and can only show that the slide show is on the disk! That takes forever to view so it's no worth having anyway!
Any way to recover the pictures on the disk without spending lots of money?
I used Nero5-CD-R on Win98SE.Thanks.
picsgalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2005, 8:34 PM   #2

Guess I'll have to post my own reply! Fortunately I got my answer in another forum. Got all my pictures back and made a new disk thanks to ISObuster.
Old Jan 16, 2005, 8:07 AM   #3

Hi

sorry it took so long for someone to answer but I only joined today

There is a program that apprently can let you retrieve your digital images directly from your memory card inside your camera even if you have deleted them but not recorded over them. A friend of mine had similar problems losing his daughters christening photos and successfully got everyone of them back

The program costs US$40. But I think it would be worth having for future disasters.

http://utility.downloadatoz.com/phot...-digital-media

Regards

John
Noosa
Australia
90smithstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 8:36 AM   #4

To john at 90smithstreet,

Thanks very much. I'll look into that and consider. Welcome to the forum.

picsgalore.
Old Jan 16, 2005, 1:20 PM   #5

I have a similar problem too.

I downloaded the demo version of ISO buster to see if it would help me. Unfortunately it just says I need to register before it will do any recovery.

It seems a reasonable price to pay for it, but I don't want to pay if it's not going to work.

I have put in my duff CD and it is showing me a list of contents. (Windows has never shown the CD to have anything on at all)

Once you saw your files, did you just do extract? Did it take long?
Paul(UK) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2005, 10:10 PM   #6

To Paul(UK),

Did you download version1.7? I don't believe I registered and it worked okay. After opening the program and you put in the disk it will read the info on the disk. Should get a window similar to Windows Explorer. You then copy and paste the contents or whatever you want to someplace on your hard drive. Then make a new copy on another disk by "burning" using Nereo or some other program to make a disk copy.

Hope this helps. If not please explain further and I will go into the program and look further for any answers that I can.

It does not take long for what I did. I had 71 pictures on the disk which showed up on the window as quickly as the time to count to 3. I highlited the first picture file and scrolled down to the end of file list while holding the shift key so all 71 picture files were highlited.
Then I think you right click and choose Extract. You get another window -a browser- to choose which folder you want to extract or copy the pictures to. Then follow the remainder to finish.Didn't take long to copy to my hard drive folder and then I made new disk from that folder.
Let me know.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 6:54 AM   #7

To Paul(UK) again,

I think I was too tired when I replied before and gave far more info than you wanted or needed!

Upon review of ISO web site I think you may not have downloaded the "free" program. When I downloaded I think it said it would ask you if you want the free one or other program (full or registered version maybe) where you buy it. Mine did not ask as I recall but I got the free one anyway- Unless there was a choice for the free one to download
This is for disk recovery only-not a camera flash card like CFI and II.
The program is both freeware and shareware. My opinion is that it will work but try the free program first. Hope this helps.