Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 3, 2005, 8:39 PM   #1

I know this is an old camera, but this old beaut is my camera of choice when I go mountain biking and I do not have enough room for my full size digital. On our New Years ride when I went to take pictures the camera showed no indication of power so I put in the spare batteries and endedupwith the same result. Once home I cleaned the terminals in the camera, put in fresh recharged batteries and the unit is still blank. I have played around with the flash and the camera settings and there is still no juice getting to the camera. DoI dismantle the camera?
bowser07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 3, 2005, 8:57 PM   #2

yah...if you don't want to take it to a repair shop to get a quote, then the only thing to do is to dismantle it yourself. Otherwise, if it was me, and if I liked the camera that much, I'd pay a bit of money for them to take a look at it to see where the problem is first.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 8:57 PM   #3

Be REAL REAL carefull - the flash - even on that camera can knock you against the wall - SERIOUSLY!!

Thos little suckers have a serious bite.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 7:37 AM   #4

Excellent reminder warning there grinder. Yah...do be really careful with the flash circuitry. It could pack a huge punch, with serious consequences to our health if that part of the circuit is charged up...even if the camera isn't on, or doesn't appear to be operating.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote