Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 7, 2005, 1:45 AM   #11

i've taken thousands of pictures since my digital camera addiction kicked in.
mostly i create folders for the pictures, with dates and names of the events or scenic shots or babe shots.
depending on whether i feel lazy or not, i would take the ones i like and convert them to .tiff files using batch processing mode with Irfanview and play with them in photoshop.

the rest are on the hard drive and backed up to cd's.

i suggest to anyone who doesn't have one to buy a cd-burner and backup all your important files. you never know when your hard drive will fail.
berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 11:35 AM   #12

...ben wrote:
Quote:
Quick Cal wrote:
Quote:
When you put them on a cd, can you add more later, or do you have to use a different cd.
You can always keep on adding photos (or files) into a CD so long as there is still enough space in it.
... only if you use CD-RW's (meaning rewritable; much more expensive than plain ol' CD-R's).
perdendosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 1:04 PM   #13

perdendosi wrote:
Quote:
...ben wrote:
Quote:
Quick Cal wrote:
Quote:
When you put them on a cd, can you add more later, or do you have to use a different cd.
You can always keep on adding photos (or files) into a CD so long as there is still enough space in it.
... only if you use CD-RW's (meaning rewritable; much more expensive than plain ol' CD-R's).
You don't need to use CD-RW media nor a CD-RW device for multi-session burns, which I believe is what QuickCal wants. If you wanted to reuse the CD and record new files over old ones then CD-RW is needed but not for simply adding files.

CD-RW media is becoming obsolete anyways because of archival problems and cost Vs plain old CD-R media.

Sam
spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 12:16 AM   #14

Thank's guy's. That was what I was after,,,,,adding more to it at a different time. Cal
Quick Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 1:16 PM   #15

~After downloading from my CF card I save them to the file that best describes the pictures. For example: If I have a macro shot of a flower I save it to my Macro Nature file,If I have a car shot I save it to my Things That Go file. Get the idea? I name all my Photographs. Some people don't know how I do it, but somehow I get them all named. If I have any RAW I save them to my RAW file. I also covert the RAW to a TIFF and save the TIFF to it's file. If I have a shot that's in RAW I usually end up with a RAW, TIFF, and JPEG of that one picture. I recently started keeping my RAW and TIFF files so I have a "digital negative" of that photo. I love getting prints made up and usually get the 4x 6 size. I take the 4 x 6's and put them in my photo album for viewing purposes. I usually back up my photos at least once every two weeks ( It depends on the amount of new photos). I back up my JPEG Photographs,and my RAW files. It may seem alot, but I like to be organized.~

8)

PhillyPhotographer is offline   Reply With Quote