Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 6, 2005, 2:28 PM   #31
Administrator

spark wrote:
Quote:
However, I don't think it necessary to lay out the illegality of his possible intent, nor do I think it would help this fellow by having others belittle him.
Perhaps it's not necessary, but his intent seems pretty clear to me:

wrxer12 wrote:
Quote:
How to "total" a camera for warranty purposes?
wrxer12 wrote:
Quote:
What can I do to make sure the camera cannot be repaired so I can get the new one?
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 2:39 PM   #32

Well, I might disagree with you with regard to calling someone "vermin", or questioning the ethics of one's parents not falling in the category of belittling. I do agree wholeheartedly that theft; however it is perpetrated, poses a serious economic and social cost in our society. But next time one might consider taking home a role of tape from the office, or going 2 MPH above the speed limit that we are all guilty of moral infractions…the world is greyer than we would like it to be. But that's just this man's opinion.

Jim - I understand that as a moderator it is incumbent upon you to illustrate the obvious at times...gratefully so. However, my personal judgment is that repetition of the penal code does not counter miscreant behavior. This person is going to do what he is going to do…hopefully it will be the right thing – not only for himself but for all of us.

Sam
spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 3:09 PM   #33

But the point was Sam...you said we judged a character. We actually understand the issue and situation. But you appeared to be defending somebody that was clearly wrong. I've seen this kind of behaviour before in jury duty. There's always somebody that will defend the baddy, even when all the facts are there.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 3:26 PM   #34
Administrator

I'm locking this thread from further posts. We're getting into a debate about morality, which is too far off topic.

Let's move on to something about Digital Photography.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 3:37 PM   #35

I rarely believe it is as simple as "good folks" and "bad folks", or us Vs them. If one chooses an immoral course of action I don't think that person is damned forever as a "bad person" but a person that has made a bad choice. We are all faced with choices, be it warrantee fraud or deciding to treat everyone with civility. I hope in this online community we can all express our opinions without fear of recrimination, police ourselves with restraint and learn a little bit about digital photography.

Jim- good idea.
Kenny- let's move forward. :-)
Sam
spark is offline   Reply With Quote