Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 6, 2005, 2:17 PM   #1

I have PS Elements 2.0 and I tried to use the resize function to get all of my pix one inch high as I pasted them into a blank project. When I put each one in, they all came out as different sizes on the page. It made no sense. Then I tried and tried to resize and it was a nightmare. Isn't there an easy way to do this? I also have Microsoft Picture It 7.0 and whatever software came with my DRebel.

Ideas?? Thanks!!
WisconsinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 6, 2005, 2:42 PM   #2

Take a look at the dpi (ppi?) for each photo. If they are not all the same, you will have the kind of problem you are describing.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 2:54 PM   #3

I don't know Elements, but I imagine it, like Photoshop, uses LAYERS. By far the easiest way to do this is make sure that you're pasting each image to a different layer... you can resize each image very easily and line them up separately.

I would agree that the different sizes are a result of the images having different dpi results (pasting a 300dpi image into a 72 dpi image would result in a huge paste!)

perdendosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 4:24 PM   #4

Yes, each picture went in as a layer but I opened an image, resized and then pasted...some were close to the right size but none were the same.DPI is probably my problem. I just figured if I made it an inch high in the resize directions, it should have been an inch high. AARRGGH.
WisconsinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote