Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 9, 2005, 9:09 AM   #1

Not exactly a photo question but more the money/billing side of it . . . I am trying to locate software that is cost effective to do estimates, turn the estimates into invoices and allows me to maintain a client data base. I have QuickBook Pro but it is absolute overkill for what I need to do. Knowing collectively the forum members either use or are familiar with a myriad of applications I am asking for your help.

Thanks

Steve
BrierS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 9, 2005, 9:33 AM   #2

I am a CPA in private practice AND a photographer as well. If you own Quickbooks already.....why would you seek out another software program to accomplish what QB already excels (no pun intended) in?

Overkill? QB does precisely what you ask for. Why look further? The fact that QB CAN do so much more seems irrelevant to me. I suggest that you already own the premier software program for preparing estimates, invoicing and organizing customer data.

If that is all you want to use the program for....ignore all of the other features. You already own it....why spend more?

EricW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 9:42 AM   #3

Excellent point and one I have given some thought to. You are correct and with a previous business the QuickPay link helped until it became an online annual renewal issue and then became cost prohibitive. As long as I never need to update it and spend the additional for all of those extra features I suppose I am in the right application.

Thanks for providing a sound reality check . . . guess I was simply looking for a stripped down version or add-in to Excel, etc.

Steve
BrierS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 10:58 AM   #4

FotoBiz/FotoQuote
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote