Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 13, 2005, 4:33 AM   #1

Hi question for Steve,

Why has the KM A2 gone from your best camera list?

The KM A200 is now there! Do you consider this camera better than the A2?

If so, for what reasons, from what I have read the KM A200 is a cut down version of the A2, please help, I am just about to purchase the A2 but do not want to make a mistake because I would have the camera for sometime before being able to change it.

Thanks

Rob
RobT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:33 AM   #2

RobT wrote:
Quote:
Hi question for Steve,

Why has the KM A2 gone from your best camera list?

The KM A200 is now there! Do you consider this camera better than the A2?

If so, for what reasons, from what I have read the KM A200 is a cut down version of the A2, please help, I am just about to purchase the A2 but do not want to make a mistake because I would have the camera for sometime before being able to change it.

Thanks
Rob
I'm not Steve, but I did ask him the same question last week. He told me the A2 was replaced by the A200 because the A200 was the newest version using the 8mp sensor.

I also had a chance to use the A200 & would not buy one in place of an A2. The main reasons being...no PC flash synch connector (I shoot a lot of indoor studio work), it can't take the dual battery grip & the lack of 3D predictive focus.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:37 AM   #3
Administrator

Well, you're probably right, both cameras should be on the list. The A2 offers things they didn't put on the A200 -- PC flash sync and Flexi-EVF are gone. The A200 is more compact for those that thought the A2/A1 were too big. Give them another year and they'll probably have a pocket-size A500 or something ...

It would be best if you could physically see and handle both cameras before making your purchase decision. Both are excellent cameras.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote