Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (
-   General Discussion (
-   -   Noise Removal (

agiaccio Feb 1, 2005 2:10 PM

What software would you suggest for removing noise (high ISO on dSLR) that is very easy to use?

Stevekin Feb 1, 2005 2:38 PM

There will be many thumbs up for Neat Image, Noiseware and others. But I find it doesn't get any easier than Noise Ninja 2 with the profiles for my Dimage A2. My images just open up, the profile of my cam is recognised instantly, with the corrections showing in the preview pane already made. Just click Remove Noise and in seconds, job done. Plenty of manual control available, I just find it works happily on it's own without my interference. Be sure to download profiles for your camera. Apparently there is a Beta plug in for Photoshop but I'm happy with the stand alone. Have a look here.

List of camera profiles available here (these are free).

marokero Feb 1, 2005 4:05 PM

I did a little review a while back on Noise Ninja 2:;forum_id=58

edited - I had left the highlight search parameters on the link, that was annoying! :mad:

Stevekin Feb 1, 2005 4:27 PM

marokero, nice little review. :cool: I'm already sold on Noise Ninja, but it may help others make a choice.

sjms Feb 1, 2005 4:59 PM

i have both NN and NI setup for use in PSCS. in working with them both together over the past 6 months or so i keep on gravitating back to NI. version 4.4, to me, is still the defacto standard to which others are are rated. it has gotten progressivly faster and the produces more and more natural looking images each revision.

msantos Feb 4, 2005 12:24 PM

Try this:

it is really simple to use, and you can automate the noise removal. You can select all the pictures you want to process, and leave the computer working overnigth!!!

Riot Act Feb 4, 2005 3:45 PM

Have alook at PureImage from as well.