Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 3, 2005, 3:47 PM   #1

Hi Guys,

I post alot of model cars pics on another forum. This is how i use to do it. Set my cam to 640x480 and crop result to get under the site 40kb limit. As i now have a better cam, i want quality results. Was checking the properties of some posters pics and they have amazing clear pics with as little as 7kb.

What can i do to get these results?

thanks in advance

Bill:?:
Bill50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 3, 2005, 4:18 PM   #2

You can get a handy little image resizer from Microsoft at:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

Look on the right hand side of the page about half way down. It's called image-resizer. It works only with Windows XP, but enables you to easily resize images using a right click on an image or images. Give it a shot.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2005, 1:30 AM   #3

Bill50 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Guys,
Was checking the properties of some posters pics and they have amazing clear pics with as little as 7kb.
I use paintshop pro for my resizing, but I imagine just about any photo manipulating program is equpped to do it. You resize to the number of pixels (W and H) you want the new version to be, then save to a different name, using a rather high level of jpeg compression. It takes a bit of experimenting around to find how high you can go with compression before leaving significant artifacts.
Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2005, 2:40 AM   #4

Bill50 schrieb:
Quote:
checking the properties of some posters pics and they have amazing clear pics with as little as 7kb.

Use cPicture, set the chrominance quality level to 20-50 and the luminance level to 60-80 during resize andremove the picture data. The standard resize won't get the small size without the visual quality because you reduce the luminance *and* the chrominance quality. Thats the trick behind this.
Jurgen Eidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 1:23 PM   #5

Here's another vote for the MS Power Toys. Allows you to quickly resize 1 or more selected pictures simultaneously. Select the picture(s) you want to resize, right click, resize image, select the "down converted" size, and presto! It automatically renames each file, for example DSCN1000.JPG becomes DSCN1000 (Small).JPG after it's resized to 640x480. And, the price is right - it's FREE!
HughesInNC is offline   Reply With Quote