Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 21, 2002, 12:07 PM   #1

Default quality

I have a Canon Powershot A40 and enjoy pretty good pictures from it but wanted some input about possibly changing to a higher pixel camera if prices come down. I'm 77 years old, take a lot of nature shots as well as family. A really good macro closeup feature would be nice, and the 80% viewfinder could be better. Any help would be appreciated.
rkhndjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 21, 2002, 12:26 PM   #2

The Olympus C4000 has a super macro function. You can read Steve's review for more info. I am glad to hear that you are 77 years young.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2002, 1:18 PM   #3

the best macro i have ever used was with my ex sony mavica that shot in focus objects that even touched the lens!!!(no kidding, the FD-7). I don't know if the higher mp sony are the same though.
geof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2002, 6:30 PM   #4

Default thanks

Thanks to both. And, you know, I never think about being old. I've stayed in great shape physically and mentally, which is critical. Having good genes helps a lot. As for cameras, I researched them for months before deciding on the A40. Wish I had opted for more pixels but money is always a factor. When I see all the cameras mentioned in this forum as being owned by individuals I am astounded. I never had that kind of money after we raised 6 children. The Oly 4000 looks great. If I can get rid of this one.
Old Nov 21, 2002, 8:09 PM   #5

Sell the A40 on ebay. My mother is 83 and still manages a 1500 acre farm. She surfs the web and does email. I only hope those genes are passed to me.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2002, 8:33 PM   #6

God love your mother at 83, I lost my father earlier this year aged 91.

God bless,

David
david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2002, 4:28 PM   #7

Default age

Gibson, we are both fortunate. My mother is 98 and I take her 6 books a week from the library. Dad was 94 when he dropped dead 5 years ago. Yep. genes mean a lot.