Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 9, 2005, 10:27 AM   #11

after 'more' research (google-it should be in the dictionary) I think I might have to agree that the the VCL-DHO730 is the only solution with this camera.

Looks like another online search for this......
kjeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 11:37 AM   #12

24.5mm is not all that bad for a W/A lens. If you were to go much lower than that you might not like the results especially when there isn't any ability to zoom.
normc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 1:03 PM   #13

I had a look through the pictures hotsed on my webspace and came across what I think you may be looking for as some examples. The camera used for these was my Olympus C-750uz which comes stock with a 38mm-380mm (relative to 35mm terms) 10x zoom lens. The wide angle adapter use was the Oly wcon-07 0.7x adapter while the telephoto adapter was the Oly tcon-17 1.7x telephoto adapter. These photos were all handheld taken from a cliff about 1.2-1.5km's away from the people.

26.6mm (camera lens at its widest setting with the wcon-07 attached to the camera)

38mm (stock camera lens at its widest angle setting)

380mm (stock camera lens at its highest optical zoom setting)

and finally at 646mm (camera with its stock lens zoomed in to its highest optical zoom setting with the tcon-1.7 mounted)

For me personally I almost never use my tcon-17 on the camera and almost always have the wcon-07 mounted on it whenever I go out hiking as I find the wideangle more useful than the telephoto. This might be different for others however who's cameras lenses don't offer the telephoto range of this camera's. Personally for my uses I use the wideangle adapter 80% of the time, telephoto 10% and the stock camera the other 10% for what I like to photograph.
tkmckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 11:51 AM   #14

great examples.
kjeal is offline   Reply With Quote