Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 21, 2002, 5:48 PM   #1

Default Pentax, Here I come (or so I think)

Well, after finding out the bad's about the:
canon a40/a20
And
Fuji Fpix2800

I'm going to try for the Pentax230, I know what ur going to say.. go for the 430 or 330 there great, yea thay maybe but I don't want a camera that takes battery pack (Use AAs only).. Which lead me to the 230

People, what is the biggest size print this camera can go up to, without degrading the quility of the picture and what do u think of the 230 + is there any problems I should know before I think about getting it

Thanks
Jams
Jams is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 21, 2002, 7:02 PM   #2

At 1600x1200 you should be able to get inkjet 8x10s with no visible jaggies and good detail. YMMV of course depending on the particular image, software and printer you use. There are ways around this with the right software. Resizing the bitmap larger with bicubic resample or a plugin like genuine fractals can gain quite a bit of size without jaggies. As a rule I limit prints to no more than 1" per 150 linear pixels for inkjet.
padeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2002, 7:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally posted by padeye
At 1600x1200 you should be able to get inkjet 8x10s with no visible jaggies and good detail. YMMV of course depending on the particular image, software and printer you use. There are ways around this with the right software. Resizing the bitmap larger with bicubic resample or a plugin like genuine fractals can gain quite a bit of size without jaggies. As a rule I limit prints to no more than 1" per 150 linear pixels for inkjet.
Thanks for that padeye, have u/ anyone use the 230 Pictures in/outdoors any good
Jams is offline   Reply With Quote