Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 25, 2002, 3:38 PM   #1

Default whats your opinion?

over the time i have spent in this forum, i have come to respect the opinions of the members as they are both educated and non-biased. So here i am, asking for any opinions on choosing between the following cameras: olympus 5050, fujifilm 6900 and cannon G2.
I need your experience on these cameras above and beyond their respective specs (i.e. feel, etc). I do appreciate your comments on this.
By the way, i mainly shoot nature, but definately have a need for sports shooting.
thanks in advance...
geof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 25, 2002, 4:21 PM   #2

If your primary shooting habits are nature, the Fuji 6X zoom is very attractive. I would consider the Olympus C730 as an alternative to the Fuji 6900. The Olympus C5050 is hard to evaluate because I have not even been able to touch one. The optics and features as described by Steve and dpreview make it a very attractive camera for a price of less than $800. The Canon G2 is a great camera and takes great pics. The final choice for me would be the Oly C5050 but I am an Olympus fan. I would then rate the Canon as my next choice.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2002, 5:08 PM   #3

I am with you on this. I love my 3000, but hate the shutter lag. I have tried pre-focusing AND manual exposure AND non-auto white balance and it still takes too long on action shots. I am considering the canon as a second option.
geof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2002, 12:00 AM   #4

Why the 6900 instead of the 602? That's the one you need. The Oly C-730 is good too, with its 10x zoom. But the S602 will be best for action shots.
Sanpete is offline   Reply With Quote